OK, Let The Lee Bashing Begin

sarge87

It's not just the defensive play-calling. These guys just flat out know how to tackle. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Nebraska defense that does a better job of open field and team tackling than this '09 squad. It's truly amazing how many guys go down right at the spot of contact. Or ever get picked up and pulled back by the blackshirts.

That's the good news and it's pretty great and it's late and I feel better than I did this morning, but since I'm in this particular thread I gotta admit that Zac Lee just isn't very good. The O line may not be great but they gave him enough time to be indecisive.

I have it from a pretty solid source that some of our players, including Cody Green, had the flu. Green's benching may have a lot to do with that.

And agree with everyone saying it's the whole offense, not just Lee or Green.

I heard the same thing. Also last week. I heard that when we played ISU, they had it and gave it to us. Either way, I still think (no sources, just opinion) that we should start Cody from here on out. We needed the win tonight and zac was the one that pretty much everyone wanted in there, but with colorado, a hugely overrated ksu team, and a slumping KU team next, i think you AT LEAST have a 2QB system to prepare cody for next year and get him playing better for the bowl game this year. Remember that Cody's redshirt is gone, he will only have three years left after this one so hopefully the coaches use him effectively for our last games. :hmmph

I have no issues saying it over and over. The entire offense is struggling and having one QB or the other in doesn't make that much of a difference. When you have an O-line that can't consistently run or pass block, you're pretty sh#t out luck no matter what you do.

:yeah

hellz yeah

Honestly, when you only attempt 14 passes there's no way you can bash a QB unless 3+ of those attempts were intercepted. This offense was not opened up. We were controller the clock and avoiding turning the ball over. We pass more, we might win the game by more or we might have lost it.

until our o-line gets fixed it doesn't matter who plays qb. Lee is no Heisman candidate but Green really looks like he only knows 20 plays.

at least Lee won't do anything stupid.

OU stuck with the freshman qb, how many picks did he throw?

i think Stoops stuck with him because they really didn't have any other options.

that being said, lee did a good job in not giving the game away. that's hardly a compliment, but give how this offense has been this year, it's about as good as it's gonna get.

Honestly, when you only attempt 14 passes there's no way you can bash a QB unless 3+ of those attempts were intercepted. This offense was not opened up. We were controller the clock and avoiding turning the ball over. We pass more, we might win the game by more or we might have lost it.

I honestly believe our offensive stuck to the plan, they were not expected to do much other than not turnover the ball and take up as much time as possible. It would have been nice to see another touchdown or two; but they did what they had to do to win the game. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!! :w00t:w00t:w00t

Our offensive line is not spectacular by any means. But I still think the problem lies more with play calls than anything else. The WCO is just silly and over complicates - what should be simple plays - ... as is seen w/ the complicated blocking schematics in most plays. And when you have a QB, as in Lee, that likes to audible it causes a lot of problems for this inexperienced offensive line. Watson needs to stick to simple plays that gain yardage and can cater to our offense as a whole. A simple I back formation, play action passes, and misdirection are all we need for offense to be successful. All they need to do is drill those plays over and over in practice until they are executed perfectly. And I think this style of offense would be executed better by Green. Lee showed me nothing new tonight... as in poor faking capabilities, no urgency, and being extremely indecisive.

I had no real issue with Watson this game beyond a few calls I wasn't sure about. Most of our problem stems from the O-line and how it's pretty much a crapshoot every play. We had some well-blocked running plays and some poorly blocked running plays (OU's linebackers just f'd up a couple times, which helped us). If you're dropping back to pass, it's almost a sure thing you'd better get rid of the ball within the first few steps or something huge and scary is going to be burying you. So that leaves...what...? Rolling the pocket worked a little, a few misdirections and play actions. But you can't run that sh#t all day because we can't execute it properly all day.

I'm really at a loss for what should be done when you can honestly say any given play the offense is about 50/50 to f#*k it up one way or another.

I concur, I didnt have any problem with Watsons playcalling tonight - but I still feel that he needs to go

Lee played well today. He did not turn the ball over.

That fumbled Option was Lee's fault as much as Helu's. The pitch was high and inside.

It's a nit-picky thing, but it's the truth.

Helu got both hands on it. Not every pitch is going to be perfect and if you can get both hands on it (within reason, I'm not talking about stretching out with fingertips here), then you should catch it. That goes for receivers, too. This is 1A football, you have to make those plays.

Lee should have ate it and not pitched the ball though. Either way helu should of caught it but still it was dead lee should have just tried to get what he can in that situation.

Anyone that is bashing Lee obviously didn't see that Green did absolutely nothing last night. Bo did...and Bo did what was probably the right thing at the time. So, your saying Bo was wrong?

We played both guys, converted 1 or 14 on 3rd down conversions....stellar numbers no matter who is playing. The problem is not at QB.

Something I noticed Last night that i really had never watched before was When green is in at Qb we have 3-4 Recievers out and one back But yet we run! with Lee out there, we have a rb, Fb, And Te's once in awhile a reciever and we try to throw. wouldn't It make more sence to run out of the formation's that lee was in last night and throw out of the one;s Green was in? Just my Opinion. And Btw Green Is NOT ready to be a starter. Give Lee an offenseive line that Actualy block's And give's him time to make read's then if things still ar enot working try something else