OC Rumor...

FLU

I'm still trying to get over the difference between last season and this..Big12 was known as an "Offense Only" conference just last year..Now we beat OU 10-3 and Both Misouri and Kansas are 1-4 in the conference?

I think this just goes to show you what football is all about.

Offenses come and go. They never maintain their power week in and week out. True, great defenses show up every week.

We said last year that Pelini would have success in the Big 12 if he made defense a priority. Now, if we can just coach up these guys on offense, this team will be stellar.

I'm still trying to get over the difference between last season and this..Big12 was known as an "Offense Only" conference just last year..Now we beat OU 10-3 and Both Misouri and Kansas are 1-4 in the conference?

Offenses come and go. They never maintain their power week in and week out. True, great defenses show up every week.

We said last year that Pelini would have success in the Big 12 if he made defense a priority. Now, if we can just coach up these guys on offense, this team will be stellar.

Agreed :)

I think it also shows how inconsistant todays Offenses really are..And too much depends on one key player.

If OU still had Bradford, they probably win three more games this season..As it is..We win with only 7 count 'em SEVEN first downs.

I really miss our SMASHMOUTH ground game..with the "well coached" lines that didn't get called for a penalty more than once or twice a game.

I know there's been a lot of Watson bashing lately, but I think we should all give him a pass this one year. I mean c'mon, he had awesome offenses the last four years and was one of the bright lights on an otherwise very dim coaching staff prior to Bo. If there is no improvement next year, then maybe yes, it might be time for a change. But we have an offensive line that in my opinion has earned about a D- grade this year as well two QB's who are brand new.

Listen, anyone can complain when a play goes wrong as a bad call, if it goes for a good gain the OC is a genious. The two things that are very clear, is that when Lee is in the pocket, he needs to make quicker decisions and pull the trigger. He seems to be either very slow in his progression or he can't make up his mind. The other is the offensive line just needs to play mean.

But when you are up by seven with 2 minutes, we have to grind out the clock. :boxosoap

But man what a game.

I still question some of the things I've seen this year, but I was really, really happy with what I saw last night from Watson. He ran some misdirection with some fake reverses, he didn't get cute with his play calls and try to force those damn short curl routes over and over. He put in some counters and decided to just pound it out until it worked. We didn't overwhelm them but like I said a while back when comparing us to Bama's O....if you keep pounding it we will break a few and thats exactly what happened. We didn't score any points but it sure shifted the field which proved to be a pretty big facet of the game. At one point they showed the play selection and it was 15 runs to 1 pass....LOVED to see that!

I live in Baton Rouge and it was brought up on talk radio the other day... people around here are pretty convinced that this will be Crowton's last year with LSU. He had a lot of success before he came to LSU, but the theory around here is that Les Miles and Crowton have very different philosophies as to the offense they want to run, and the offense is ineffective because Miles often times overrides Crowton's decisions.