Carl Pelini

MNBIGRED

After watching this year our defense is by far the best defense I have ever watched play college football. How long before programs start offering Carl Pelini Head Coaching jobs? I could see teams like CU looking into this possibility. So do you think he would leave NU without Bo or do you think he will stay as long as Bo does? I really hope we keep the Pelini's around as long as we can because I forsee a long run of BCS game in our future especially with an offense that can score at least 20 pts a game.

After watching this year our defense is by far the best defense I have ever watched play college football. How long before programs start offering Carl Pelini Head Coaching jobs? I could see teams like CU looking into this possibility. So do you think he would leave NU without Bo or do you think he will stay as long as Bo does? I really hope we keep the Pelini's around as long as we can because I forsee a long run of BCS game in our future especially with an offense that can score at least 20 pts a game.

I think he will stay around for awhile. I don't know if he feels like he needs to be by Bo's side... but I do think they work well together. Carl seems like the polar opposite of Bo, and it seems to work. It seems to me that Carl wouldn't be ready to branch out on his own yet. Here's hoping!

keep in mind he is basically running Bo's D. on top of that if he does leave i think the reins fall to Ekler. and not to dish Carl but i think our defensive staff is deep and could take a hit.

i really hope Carl gets a HC job the guy deserves his shot. Especially after the OU game.

This is his first major gig as I understand it.

I think he will be here until Bo tells him to go.

I don't know if he is looking to be a head coach either.

Blood is thicker than water. I do not think that is something we have to worry about, but hell I thought we would get run tonight so what the heck do I know.

I think he's got a pretty sweet gig right now. You're with your brother coaching the most successful defensive resurgence in recent football history. Your resume´is going to be piling up accolades. One day he may get an opportunity at a major coaching position, but if I were him I would wait for a big time offer. So long as he and Bo are coaching together, the defense is only going to increase your chances over the years.

I think he was a high school coach like 3 yrs ago, no?

but to the point, he isn't going anywhere until we put together 8-10 winning seasons and win some B12 CC or better. Then even still he probly ain't leaving.

some guys just don't want to be head coaches...See:

Milt Tenepor

Ron Brown

Brent Venebles

Mickey Andrews

Ron Prince

where did carl coach at before coming to NU?

1987-1988 Cardinal Mooney HS (AC)

1989-1990 Kansas State (GA)

1991 Kansas State (REC)

1993-1994 Blue Valley North HS (DC)

1995-1999 Winnetonka HS (HC/AD)

2000-2002 Austintown-Fitch HS

2003 Nebraska (GA)

2004 Minnesota-Mankato (DC/DB)

2005-2007 Ohio (DL)

2008-present Nebraska (DC/DL)

i dont thing carl pelini is going anywhere for a long time...........

I don't think Carl Pelini is a guy that is ready to be a HC yet. He has only been a college DC for 1 and 1/2 years, and despite a short stint in the early 90's at KSU he has only been coaching college ball since '03. Right now, he would get offers from schools like Tulsa or maybe some bottom feeder, and no place else of real interest.

And as far as our defense goes, are they really good? Yes. Great, I would say yes. Best defense? That's pushing it. There have been much better defenses through the years, especially at Nebraska. They still have a lot of areas they could improve especially in coverage.

keep in mind he is basically running Bo's D. on top of that if he does leave i think the reins fall to Ekler. and not to dish Carl but i think our defensive staff is deep and could take a hit.

i really hope Carl gets a HC job the guy deserves his shot. Especially after the OU game.

I hope Carl does get a HC job as well, but just not yet. I don't think Ekeler is anywhere near ready to be a DC. He is too emotional and eccentric on the sidelines. Not only that, if you look at the coaches that Bo grinds the hardest during a game, Ekeler is one of them. He is constantly having to get after him to get the linebackers to do this or that. If Carl left I think Bo would go a different rout then Ekeler.