OG/DT Charles Deas

hello, deas has set 4 visits, & his 1st will be to NU on jan 9, & then aub on 1/13, lsu on 1/21, & ga (his other fav) on 1/27

he likes blake a lot, wants out of fl, has transferred 3 times during his hs time, bench presses 360, squats 340, & at the nike combine at mia ran a 4.88 (40)

p.s. at the manhattan nike combine 2 NU kids lead at their positions w/ young for the rb's w/ a 4.39 (40x), - & that was his time after his 1st knee surgery - & bullock for wr's w/ a 34 in vert leap (sorry, old info, but I was reading my rivals mag, today)

Man that is a kinda weird bench press squat numbers usually you squat way more than you bench. Kid looks like a player how he can make it grades wise, and I hope he choose the SKERS.

No offense to the kid, but 340 is a HORRIBLE squat. Either that is wrong, or he would have to get A LOT stronger in the lower body. This kid looks like a good prospect, but that is way too low of a squat max.

yeah, for a d-lineman that is pretty low. I can squat more than that and I am only 205 lbs. Maybe he reported his reps and not his max?

he is a monster and i would love to see him in a NU uniform next year. but from what i have heard is he has a long way to go to get qualified academically. it does sound like he is trying very hard to get it done.

if for some reason he cant pull it out, lets get him into NU south (Butler CC) and bring him in after a year or 2.

Visit Date: Jan. 6, 2006

Scholarships offered: Over 10 including: Georgia, Nebraska, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee

Favorites: Georgia and Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #10/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: #30/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Deas has a real mean streak to him. A big attitude, just filthy nasty on defense. In the backfield every play. As a Junior, Deas posted 68 tackles and 10 sacks. Both services think quite highly of him. He plays both guard and defensive tackle in high school.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 30%

• 2 weeks later...