Suh's acting

brasky

Dennard was hurt on the previous play and was limping/clutching his shoulder badly. I really think he needed medical attention, but for some reason he wouldn't go down. Suh recognized that Dennard was hurt and was going to get burned on the next play, so he went down. Just about everyone on the field was yelling at him and motioning for him to go down, he just wouldn't for some reason. I was right there in the north endzone, the play was on the 20 or so. Not a single person around me thought it was legit also.

My favorite part was in the 3rd quarter where Suh was coming off the field PISSED OFF. He was complaining to Bo and Carl about an OU player that was "holding" and said something along the lines of, "If he keeps doing that sh*t, Ima bust his azz". Read his lips. Bo and Carl looked at each other for a second and shrugged.

Suh out performed Gerald McWho last night.

My favorite part was in the 3rd quarter where Suh was coming off the field PISSED OFF. He was complaining to Bo and Carl about an OU player that was "holding" and said something along the lines of, "If he keeps doing that sh*t, Ima bust his azz". Read his lips. Bo and Carl looked at each other for a second and shrugged.

Suh out performed Gerald McWho last night.

I saw that too, and laughed when the Pelini Brothers just looked at each other like, "screw it, I don't blame him". Too funny!

Sure this whole topic is "theory", but I truly believe that he didn't have a major cramp. He is sooo smart. As a HS coach, and all of you athletes out there should know that if you get a calf cramp, it is NOT something that you are able to go DIRECTLY back into the game 30 seconds after leaving the field and play without ill effects. And I disagree about rather having Suh instead of Dennard. Dennard also came out, Suh just recognized that he wasn't going to be effective. At that point of the game, OU was NOT going to run the ball consistantly.......and they DID run it on the play Suh was out and the D-line stuffed it for 2 yds..... The def. had to know they were coming at the vacancy Suh left. If Suh stays, they throw directly at an injured Dennard. ACTING JOB....imo

I was surprised that he immediately came back in after that 'cramp'

I think it takes longer than 20 seconds to get over something like that and be good to go

I was thinking that, too. Until this thread I had no idea what was going on. I knew something was up because he was "hurt" so badly then he came right back in the next play and played the rest of the game just fine.

If he did that for Dennard, that's one of the most heads-up plays I've heard from a Husker, ever.

I didn't see the game, so I can't see one way or the other. If it was acting, though, it was an incredibly smart move by Suh. I've "acted" injuries before in games, it's just part of the game and alot of smart players do it. It's particularly effective when the other team has momentum and you need to slow the game down, the few times I did it was playing basketball.

I think it takes longer than 20 seconds to get over something like that and be good to go

I was thinking that, too. Until this thread I had no idea what was going on. I knew something was up because he was "hurt" so badly then he came right back in the next play and played the rest of the game just fine.

If he did that for Dennard, that's one of the most heads-up plays I've heard from a Husker, ever.

Genius. Pure genius! :)

Suh had me fooled pretty good. I saw him go down and instantally got quiet, put my arms down and began to think what the rest of the season will be like without him. All kinds of thoughts swam through...

"What just happened to him? Who did that?"

"Why do all the awesome players on our team get injured so easy?"

"Where's Crick? Is he okay?"

And then Suh came back in for the next play and I forgot all about it.

wow.

come to think of it, when they showed Suh on the sidelines, he was standing. isnt a cramp usually something you take a seat to work out?

Bravo Mr. Suh. maybe not Oscar worthy, but i bet the golden globes will throw one his way.

Yeah, O'Hanlon's they sat and rubbed it out on the field, IIRC. (Wait...that didn't come out right. Damn, I did it again!!!1)

That Suhko sure is one clever sonuvagun.

Quick thinking..

I didn't catch it at first, but rewatching it on ESPN360..about 3:21 in..You see Suh motioning/shouting at Dennard to

go down..then it appears Crick might have told Suh to take a dive..Either way..It showed Suh's confidence in Steinkuhler..And the quick realization that OU would go after Dennard if he stayed in..Probably saved the game.. :dunno

How is Dennard's shoulder?

:yeah