Why Cody Green will start against Kansas

This is silly on it's basis.

Fact: Zac Lee has graduated from the Watson school. He knows the 320 plays! Cody does not!

Fact: Zac Lee was the winner over Oklah. been a long time since a Husker QB has owned that moniker!

Fact: Zac Lee is from California and so is Nancy Pelosi and the healthcare Bill has passed!

Fact: Did I mention Zac Lee beat the Sooners?

Fact: Cody Green is green, a very green frosh.

This is silly on it's basis.

Fact: Zac Lee has graduated from the Watson school. He knows the 320 plays! Cody does not!

Fact: Zac Lee was the winner over Oklah. been a long time since a Husker QB has owned that moniker!

Fact: Zac Lee is from California and so is Nancy Pelosi and the healthcare Bill has passed!

Fact: Did I mention Zac Lee beat the Sooners?

Fact: Cody Green is green, a very green frosh.

Giving ANY QB or any part of the offense any credit for a win over OU is ridiculous. All the QB did that game was not fumble, they could have snapped the ball into a tackle dummy with a glue trap or direct snapped to Helu and the results would have been the same... maybe better.

But...

You got me there... he's in! :)

Giving ANY QB or any part of the offense any credit for a win over OU is ridiculous. All the QB did that game was not fumble, they could have snapped the ball into a tackle dummy with a glue trap or direct snapped to Helu and the results would have been the same... maybe better.

That's true, but Zac was still the "winning quarterback" in the game. That makes Zac part of a small fraternity - Husker QBs who have beaten Oklahoma. In the past 50 years, only 17 Husker QBs can make that claim:

Bob Churchich

Brook Berringer

Dennis Claridge

Eric Crouch

Gerry Gdowski

Harry Tolly

Jerry Tagge (twice)

Keithen McCant

Mark Mauer

Pat Fischer

Scott Frost (twice)

Steve Taylor

Tom Sorley

Tommie Frazier (three times)

Turner Gill (twice)

Van Brownson

Zac Lee

Honestly, I don't agree that Zac Lee being on the field for the Oklahoma win earns him the right to be the starter.

Yes, he joins a select group of people to have beaten Oklahoma, but imho he did not do enough in that game to really prove that he should be the guy starting.

Now, I'm not saying one quarterback should start over the other. All I am simply saying is that once again neither showed anything in that game that says they should be starting.

We are in a situation right now where the starting quarterback talk is overrated, because if one struggles for much of the game he is going to get pulled.

Yeah, I just posted that list of QBs because I thought it was interesting, not to pump Lee up.

I thought we should have redshirted Green this year, but Spano went down and that option went down with him.

I thought we should start Lee all year and let Green get his feet wet in games, but that option went down with Lee's struggles against VA Tech, Missouri, Tech and (somewhat) ISU.

I thought we should stick with Green for the rest of the season once we made the switch from Lee, and I still think that...... but I've been wrong about everything else that happened this year, so why should I stop now? :)

Someone should start the thread: "Why a QB will start against KU."

:LOLtartar

I didn't understand this at first, but after looking at the first page of threads I realized. I lol'd.

I could have just as easily posted that on the "Why Zac Lee Will Start Against KU" thread. I just do not see enough evidence to choose one quarterback over the other. Looks like the coaches, who are closest to the action, will have to decide. And I am not one of those, 'who are you to discuss this, you think you know better than the coaches!' But in this instance, I would not want to be the one making the decision and it is too close to call. Both qb's have pro's and con's, but neither have done enough to be hated or to have created a disparity from the other one.