Why Cody Green will start against Kansas

Cody Green was sick with the flu yesterday which negatively impacted his performance. Zac Lee was brought in because Green was sick, even though he didn't look any better. A sick Cody Green is equivalent to a healthy Zac Lee. Cody Green will start against Kansas because:

1) He will be over the flu by next weekend

2) He is a running threat

3) His passing accuracy is better than Zac Lee

4) He has a better arm than Zac Lee

Look for Cody Green to start the rest of the season.

Cody Green is over-rated, over-hyped and over his head. This dude will never be able to play BIG TIME college football. I can't get over why everybody has Cody Green mania. THIS DUDE HASN'T DONE NOTHING ALL YEAR and everybody wants him in there! WHy Why WHy ??? Lee is not much better. They need to recruit a BLUE CHIP quarterback who can run and pass the ball. Green and Lee are NOT the answers and never will be !!!

It's good to see Lloyd & Harry still at it. :)

I was thinking something very similar. ;)

What a fun argument.

Right now, this situation is more of a toss up then ever before, but I look at it this way...

Yes, CG did have the flu bug according to either the LJS or OWH and their source.

Yes, Zac Lee was "on the field" for the win against OU.

But again, last night didn't settle anything at the quarterback position. Zac Lee didn't do anything special. Most of his passes were simple roll outs. We still have yet to complete nice mid to short range passes that net us good yardage.

Cody Green didn't do anything special either. His runs were stuffed quickly and his passing game was off.

But again, both of their passing games were off in areas.

The truth of the matter is that this offense is going to be focusing on the run now imho. Whoever gets the starting job against Kansas will have shown better poise in the pocket from under center this week, and whoever gets the job will be the guy who does the best this week running that offense.

If CG was good enough to win it for the OU game, then I'm sure he will start. If the coaches liked Zac's poise against OU and think he is our best shot right now, they will go with him. Should be exciting to see who starts. Either way, neither one is giving us a head and shoulders chance over the other.

LMFAO @ the fact that you just said Green is more accurate..... Were we watching the same game?

Neither Lee or Green are great QB's right now.. However, Lee manages the team better and makes less mistakes. Green may have great potential, but right now.. He's too much like Jamarcus Russel. Great cannon, mobile, but can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Cody Green was sick with the flu yesterday which negatively impacted his performance. Zac Lee was brought in because Green was sick, even though he didn't look any better. A sick Cody Green is equivalent to a healthy Zac Lee. Cody Green will start against Kansas because:

Cody Green is over-rated, over-hyped and over his head. This dude will never be able to play BIG TIME college football. I can't get over why everybody has Cody Green mania. THIS DUDE HASN'T DONE NOTHING ALL YEAR and everybody wants him in there! WHy Why WHy ??? Lee is not much better. They need to recruit a BLUE CHIP quarterback who can run and pass the ball. Green and Lee are NOT the answers and never will be !!!

Wow, he is a true freshman, take it easy. He is an 18 year old with potential and needs to develop. Your hyperbole is outrageous. :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

Wow, he is a true freshman, take it easy. He is an 18 year old with potential and needs to develop. Your hyperbole is outrageous. :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

Agreed completely... BTW, wasn't CG a "blue chip" QB? I mean.. come on.. Give the guy some time to develop, he'll be fine.. He needs to continue to get snaps and if it's not going to hurt the rest of the game, I see no reason why it'll hurt anything for him to get snaps. But Gixxers post is a joke in every opposite way that the OP's is..

God, I HOPE we're not going back to the Option.

I mean, seriously? After what you saw last night?

Lee ran it better than Green, fumbled pitch and all. I don't know how you can say Green is a running threat any more than Lee is, based on last night's game. At least, the gap in their running abilities is worlds closer than the gap between their passing abilities (Lee over Green).

:laughpound

The fact that you felt the need to indicate which one you think has better passing abilities..means there must be some doubt...or the "gap" isn't that wide.

It was frustrating though, watching Lee dive for the ground whenever he saw someone's shadow.

CG had one good run of over 50 yards...Has Zack even run for a first down yet?

RedGixxer, Worst post of the year. That was just an idiotic statement, do you think before you type?

I don't understand the sharp, and possibly violent, disagreement. Neither quarterback is great right now, but they are merely a microcosm of the systematic problems of our offense as a whole. In the right offense, they both could be capable qbs. I'm not ready to jump ship on either of them yet, and the coaches will pick who is best, and who is best depends on the offense we will run and the team we play. Hopefully Zac will maintain and we will win out, or Green will develop quickly. Green definitely has potential and Zac has shown flashes of brilliance. I don't believe I can judge either because our offense as a whole is so bad. If we get our running game, the passing game might blow up with either qb. Green certainly has not played enough to judge him. The question is, "is lee so bad that anyone is better?" I would say no. Green may produce more, but lee has the experience necessary to get us through the next three games.

Lee ran it better than Green, fumbled pitch and all. I don't know how you can say Green is a running threat any more than Lee is, based on last night's game. At least, the gap in their running abilities is worlds closer than the gap between their passing abilities (Lee over Green).

The fact that you felt the need to indicate which one you think has better passing abilities..means there must be some doubt...or the "gap" isn't that wide.

It was frustrating though, watching Lee dive for the ground whenever he saw someone's shadow.

Really? Picking at semantics to justify an argument? I was merely clarifying that I wasn't suggesting Green was the better passer, as the OP was. I thought it would just make my stance clear. As it turns out, my word choice actually made Green a more refined passer.

We know Cody can run it, but what did he do against OU last night? I saw very similar things from both guys, and I saw Green getting stuffed time and time again. Wasn't that 50 yard run against Sun Belt competition? - to borrow a common argument against Lee's passing ability.

Anyway, even giving Green the edge to Lee in the running department (I'll say that I've seen better attitude and decisiveness in running out of Green: he's got more of a runner's mentality, it seems), the QB's first job in this offense is to throw, not to run.

Really? Picking at semantics to justify an argument? I was merely clarifying that I wasn't suggesting Green was the better passer, as the OP was. I thought it would just make my stance clear. As it turns out, my word choice actually made Green a more refined passer.

We know Cody can run it, but what did he do against OU last night? I saw very similar things from both guys, and I saw Green getting stuffed time and time again. Wasn't that 50 yard run against Sun Belt competition? - to borrow a common argument against Lee's passing ability.

Anyway, even giving Green the edge to Lee in the running department (I'll say that I've seen better attitude and decisiveness in running out of Green: he's got more of a runner's mentality, it seems), the QB's first job in this offense is to throw, not to run.

here is a semantical argument for you, you misused 'semantics.' i have nothing of value to add to this discussion, just thought i would mention that. :snacks::koolaid2::snacks:

It certainly appears like our offense is going to struggle no matter who we have at QB. We definitely get more of the playbook with Lee in, but Green's obviously the future. Bo might as well just pick a name out of a hat before each game.