solution to qb dilema

If it was the center who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, then that might necessitate such a move. Better yet would be to have all of the receivers run routes to the same general area and then the qb would at least get close to somebody wearing red! Forget that there would be several opposing defenders there also.

If they both line up, the center should snap the ball to a RB. Someone like Helu probably has a better arm than Zac Lee anyways. The solution starts with proper RECRUITING. NU needs to recruit a quality passing QB (i.e.; Joe Ganz).

You can hate Callahan all you want but he knew how to recruit a quality passing QB.

ya, his boy Sam Keller was a real quality passer. :sarcasm

If they both line up, the center should snap the ball to a RB. Someone like Helu probably has a better arm than Zac Lee anyways. The solution starts with proper RECRUITING. NU needs to recruit a quality passing QB (i.e.; Joe Ganz).

You can hate Callahan all you want but he knew how to recruit a quality passing QB.

Sam Keller was a good passer...

What tiny bit of credibility you had just went out the window. Name me one "Blue Chip", as you have stated before, QB that Callahan recruited that panned out at Nebraska. Better yet, name me one that lived up to the hype that went elsewhere.

Freeman was a disaster in college.

Harrison Beck? 'Nuff said.

Gabbert, IMO, still unproven and some fans calling for him to be benched.

Most importantly he couldn't get a QB to come here and actually play for him.

Ganz was a good QB, but not even close to High Caliber Blue Chip in HS. NU was his only D1 offer. Cody Green and Zac Lee were both rated higher.

Sam Keller was a good passer...

.....and a horrible decision maker.

fire Watson, then worry about who takes the snap!

Not Watson, but I would S-Can Barney and then start the QB auditions all over with a good O line.

:sarcasm Where you getting a good O-line? We have to have the worse one in the Big XII.

What really blows my mind is our offense actually ranks 84th in the country for total offense, 71st for scoring offense, 77th for passing offense, and 61st for rushing offense. That is out of 120 teams...which means there must be some really sh**ty offenses out there somewhere.

What tiny bit of credibility you had just went out the window. Name me one "Blue Chip", as you have stated before, QB that Callahan recruited that panned out at Nebraska. Better yet, name me one that lived up to the hype that went elsewhere.

Freeman was a disaster in college.

Harrison Beck? 'Nuff said.

Gabbert, IMO, still unproven and some fans calling for him to be benched.

Most importantly he couldn't get a QB to come here and actually play for him.

Ganz was a good QB, but not even close to High Caliber Blue Chip in HS. NU was his only D1 offer. Cody Green and Zac Lee were both rated higher.

Freeman wasn't a disaster. You don't have a disastrous college career and then leave early to get drafted in the 1st round. Granted, he was on Kansas State, so he didn't get a lot of W's. But his career? Far from disastrous.

Missouri fans calling for him to be benched are idiots. Gabbert's extremely talented. Weren't these same guys complaining about Daniel last year when things went sour? What a joke. Lotsa things wrong with that team, but not a super-stud rare talent at QB.

Ganz was not so talented, but he WAS extremely tough, smart, and had a very rare command of the entire team. You do not need to be talented if you have those kind of intangibles, no matter what the system. That's not to say we should keep recruiting 2* QBs.

And Zac has a great arm. He has a lot of talent. But not a lot of confidence. Green has a lot of talent, but it's raw. A lot of times I think it comes down to the situation guys are thrown into. With better O-line play and Nate Swift still around, I bet Zac is in the midst of a career season. But you're stuck with what you have and our QBs are getting NO help at all.