If we beat KSU, should we take the CU game off??

-We will be a top 25 team, so ratings will not help or hurt us.

This is speculative. Our ratings between a bunch of different polls rank from the lower 20's to the lower 50's. Plus, if we win a close game and don't cover the spread I doubt you will see us move up that much.

-Let's face it, our team needs the rest. We are not as deep as we should be.

This is a good point, but every game in CFB matters. It's not like the NFL where all you pretty much have to do is win your division and you get into the playoffs. If we lose to CU after beating K-State, you will probably see us a make a lesser bowl than if we would have beaten them.

-We would be locked in to either the BCS bowl or the Cotton Bowl.

We aren't making a BCS bowl unless we win out, and that includes beating Texas.

Not to be insulting but the notion that we would make a BCS bowl by simply beating K-State is ridiculous. We are no lock in by any means. If we win our next two games and lose to Texas, we are going to the Holiday Bowl and there is pretty much no escaping that.

I'm not saying that we try to lose, but perhaps rotate as many players as possible. Give the playmakers a break. Call a conservative, vanilla game plan. :dunno

NO!!!!

No mercy for the Bluffalos!

As someone mentioned before, this is NOT the NFL. If we're not going to give 100%, then we might as well not even take the field.

And anybody on the team who has this attitude come day after Thanksgiving should get a one way ticket off the team.

I'm not saying that we try to lose, but perhaps rotate as many players as possible. Give the playmakers a break. Call a conservative, vanilla game plan. :dunno

No, losing to Colorado would ruin the season & would be worse than losing to Iowa State.

It makes perfect sense to me. If we wrap up the Big12 North this weekend and there is no chance of us being in the National Title game, why risk our players against a Buff team that is just going to be out to hurt someone?

The only factor is(correct me if I am wrong) that win/loss will be taken into consideration on which bowl game we are pulled into if we were to lose the Champ game. Or is there a bowl that auto takes B12 #2?

Disregarding anything else, we need the wins and the good showings (against what most consider a big rival) for recruiting. Not only that, but if we held back, what does that say to potential players? "Hey, come play for us...don't worry about the fact that we sometimes intentionally don't do our best in every game!" Right... I think I just heard all the coaching staff's hard work towards getting the most out of these kids each and every week go down the toilet.

For a fan base that prided itself on rooting for a team that won a minimum of nine games a year for the better part of half a century, to even entertain the notion that we would essentially throw a game is absurd.

Tell me this is just some experiment to see if, no matter how crazy the proposition, you'll find someone who goes along with it. Please let this be what's going on here.