Nebraska and Boise

The NCAA should step in and do away with that gawd awful blue field of theirs. I am surprised they can get on TV with it, because every time I see it I get a headache just watching the game. Probably how they win at home, the opposing coaches and players get ill after being on it for 3 quarters. An unfair home advantage if you ask me. They probably innocculate their players some how so they are immune, or put them out there 24/7 all summer long to get used to it.

Wow, didn't expect there to be so much BSU hate in here. I say bring 'em on.

Edit: The only reason the Oregon/Boise State game was such a debacle was because they only scored three points and had that whole Lagarrette Blount freakout at the end. And what do you know, Oregon is currently 11th in the country and I don't hear anyone hating on them for that loss.

This season ain't over yet.

Follow this.... Boise State goes unbeaten. We top Texas in the Big 12 title game and earn an auto bid. TCU takes the place of Texas in the BCS title game. Boise State and Nebraska clash down at the Fiesta. Texas goes to the Orange Bowl. Crazy? Yes, we would have to beat Texas, but the other two parts of that are not all that far fetched.

Not far fetched, but not that likely either. After the BCS conference champs, there are 4 spots left. If TCU wins out, they get an automatic spot. The SEC runner up will take one. Iowa or Penn State will likely take one. Texas would take the 4th spot. Boise State will be left out.

Even if Texas wins the Big 12, Oklahoma State might get that last spot instead of Boise State.

Boise needs TCU to lose, or for no upsets in the conference championship games (especially the Big 12) and some help in the selection process. Okie State losing again would help them a lot, as would both Penn State and Iowa.

Shatel: Huskers, Boise discussing series

Bo Pelini has beefed up Nebraska's future nonconference football schedules, and apparently he's not done yet.

My sources at NU say that Nebraska is in preliminary discussions with Boise State about a future series, though not necessarily in 2011, when NU has an opening and Boise State needs a game.

The Broncos say they will go anywhere that year without a return — but reportedly want a $1 million guarantee to do so. Stay tuned.

This series is a good idea. I'd like to see a series — with NU even going to Boise State or playing BSU one time in an NFL stadium. Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is usually open to suggestions. Maybe we can get that idea going again to play at Denver's Invesco Field at Mile High.

Get it done Bo and T.O.

Boise clearly wants to boosts it's status....and make money! I say forget em. They want to make a name for themselves and set themselves up for a title run....what do you have to offer us? We can get other teams to play us that we can beat and our schedule is thick enough. Boise needs a game like this more than we do.

Boise clearly wants to boosts it's status....and make money! I say forget em. They want to make a name for themselves and set themselves up for a title run....what do you have to offer us? We can get other teams to play us that we can beat and our schedule is thick enough. Boise needs a game like this more than we do.

i think it would help put us back on the national stage, this game would get a lot of attention, especially if it was a thurs. night game. i do not know if that would make it worth it, but the media loves to see how boise stacks up against more established bcs teams.

Yet despite this evidence, a bunch of you will continue to say there's nothing to be gained by playing Boise St. One thing I've figured out from the internet is that very few people change their minds about things even when presented with facts and evidence that going against what they think.

The internet taught you that? I can assure you it's not because of the internet.

Wow. What ever happened to wanting to see good teams play each other? I don't care much for the mythical NC setup in CFB right now. I'm much more interested in seeing my Huskers play tough teams and entertaining games.

There's a reason teams play tune up games. No preseason in college ball. I don't mind one sided games.

i think it would help put us back on the national stage, this game would get a lot of attention, especially if it was a thurs. night game. i do not know if that would make it worth it, but the media loves to see how boise stacks up against more established bcs teams.

How about we beat teams like OU and Texass in our own league. That'll make much more noise than the best team from a non big 6 conference...plus losing to Boise is much more negative for us than losing to OU/Texas

How about we beat teams like OU and Texass in our own league. That'll make much more noise than the best team from a non big 6 conference...plus losing to Boise is much more negative for us than losing to OU/Texas

i was just discussing early season games and the allure of boise state. but yes, a usc, ohio state, texas, ou, or any such team would be good.