Colorado Hotels?

CR4IGG3RS

Going to be taking off to Colorado in a week or so here to watch the huskers roflstomp the buffs, never been to the area before and wondering if anyone had any advice on which hotels would be the best near the stadium for a good price?

Going with a friend who is also a former Marine, so going to have fun with any CU fans who want to play ball, but trading out cars for one with a CO plate just in case, lol.

Thanks

I eagerly await all the piss bomb stories next week........

I know a guy whose aunt has a friend who got an email about a talk show where someone called in because their brother's friend has an uncle who used to work with this guy that went to a bar once and heard from this dude who could really tell a story that the bartender's ex-girlfriend once dated this guy in a band and when they were on tour when they found out from their roadie that his mom and dad were at a game where someone said they saw someone covered in something that looked like urine.

So it's TOTALLY TRUE, Buffy. Don't try to deny it. :steam:steam

I know a guy whose aunt has a friend who got an email about a talk show where someone called in because their brother's friend has an uncle who used to work with this guy that went to a bar once and heard from this dude who could really tell a story that the bartender's ex-girlfriend once dated this guy in a band and when they were on tour when they found out from their roadie that his mom and dad were at a game where someone said they saw someone covered in something that looked like urine.

lol

If I could rep you I would.....

You might want to try the Stanley hotel in Estes Park Colorado..You can stay outside of Boulder and it's just an hour away..

http://www.stanleyhotel.com/

investigation_stanleyhotel_photo1_large.gif

Just watch out for...

theshining.jpg

Stephen King stayed here and it inspired the movie "The Shining" it also served as the filming location of the made for TV version of "The Shining."

but seriously.. This place is wicked, close by and haunted!!!

lol

If I could rep you I would.....

And now that you've read it on the Internet, it's double-secret true. :horns2

Going to be taking off to Colorado in a week or so here to watch the huskers roflstomp the buffs, never been to the area before and wondering if anyone had any advice on which hotels would be the best near the stadium for a good price?

Going with a friend who is also a former Marine, so going to have fun with any CU fans who want to play ball, but trading out cars for one with a CO plate just in case, lol.

Thanks

Roll with the Boulder Outlook hotel, right next to campus and my group of 10 is staying Friday night there so we can terrorize Boulder that night.

http://www.boulderoutlookhotel.com/

The place was packed with husker fans 2 years ago and was the site of the CU4NU people... they had a sweet breakfast and INDOOR POOL.

http://www.coloradans4nu.com/

check this after the weekend, they might have something again at the Outlook.

The licsence plat thinkg is funny. My parents have a red jeep with "BIGRED1" Plates and they switched with their friends before goin to bed that night after the game (99 edition) to have colorado plates on thru the night and sure enuff next morning, every car in the parking lot with nebraska plates had windows knocked out and baseball bat dents thruoght out the vehicles.

I've never stayed there, but the Millenium Hotel is within walking distance of the stadium. Also, look at places in nearby towns of Louisville, Lafayette, and Superior. They are only a few minutes drive to Boulder.

Look in Longmont as well. Only 20 minutes or so to the north of Boulder. Lots of new hotels at the south end of Longmont. Enjoy the game. I have gone to the games in Boulder for the past 8 years, never ever had a problem. Like Beachbuffs stated, if you go looking for trouble in Boulder you will find it. Most are nice folks though.

Go Big Red!!!

The licsence plat thinkg is funny. My parents have a red jeep with "BIGRED1" Plates and they switched with their friends before goin to bed that night after the game (99 edition) to have colorado plates on thru the night and sure enuff next morning, every car in the parking lot with nebraska plates had windows knocked out and baseball bat dents thruoght out the vehicles.

Is there a news account of this, or a police report, or something? I hear stories like this all the time, but I've never seen pictures. It's weird that nobody whose windows get punched in owns a camera.

The Millenium Hotel is right next to the stadium. I went to the 30-3 beat down and there was a giant group of husker fans in the beer garden area. Safety in numbers. ;)

I'm going this year as well and not sitting in husker section. It will be interesting to see what happens. I'm guessing CU fan is so down on Hawk and their current situation that they hardly show up.

The Millenium Hotel is right next to the stadium. I went to the 30-3 beat down and there was a giant group of husker fans in the beer garden area. Safety in numbers. ;)

I'm going this year as well and not sitting in husker section. It will be interesting to see what happens. I'm guessing CU fan is so down on Hawk and their current situation that they hardly show up.

I've stayed here before also and it's a thumbs up for sure. Don't know about availability as it is popular with the Red crowd.