Niles Paul

HuckFoley

Niles Paul is currently projected as the 21st best receiver in the class of 2011, and a possible 5th round pick.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospec...ngs/TSX/2011_WR

Jared Crick is the 2nd highest rated DT in the class of 2012.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/playe...s&order=ASC

Helu is currently the 32nd best RB in the class of 2011, which likely wouldn't even get him a FA spot.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/playe...mp;startspot=30

I was real impressed with Niles Paul again yesterday.

I was curious if people think he might try to go early to the NFL?

I know he hasn't put up a ton of yards or gotten the national attention, but that guy continues to impress, especially the last half of this season.

I think he will be back personally, but that guy is one stud of an athlete, and someone from the next level has surely noticed.

Thoughts?

Absolutely no shot. And unless I am way off base, not even next year will this be an option. Perhaps he will be selling you playground equipment though...

I know he hasn't put up a ton of yards or gotten the national attention, but that guy continues to impress, especially the last half of this season.

I think he will be back personally, but that guy is one stud of an athlete, and someone from the next level has surely noticed.

Thoughts?

Absolutely no shot. And unless I am way off base, not even next year will this be an option. Perhaps he will be selling you playground equipment though...

agreed.. i think a solid season next year would be a wise choice if this guy wants to go to the NFL... now next year if he kills it and goes to the draft... i think he could do some good things

Thoughts?

You can't be serious. There is no way he would get drafted. Why would he leave early?

Thoughts?

Maybe if some NFL team is looking for a punt returner who likes to run to the sideline every time but isn't even fast enough to get around the corner around slow college guys. <_<

Niles isn't anywhere close to where he needs to be to go to the NFL. WR is one of the most heavily-populated spots on NFL rosters. Leaving early would guarantee Niles a place on the bench or scout team, IF (and that's a big if) he gets signed.

:yeah

If you want to go to the NFL early you have to have the game changing abilities of players like Crabtree and Maclin. If you aren't a cut above the rest at the WR position, then leaving is a terrible decision.

NP still has a lot to learn. He still isn't getting open that often and isn't putting himself in positions to score touchdowns. He could improve a lot with another year here.

I agree that he still has alot to learn, and another year would benifit him greatly. I do think that the QB could help help out a bit by passing the ball in stride at least once in a while. I just thought that maybe that would help a bit with putting him in position to score. JMO :dunno

I would say Crick would be the most likely to leave. I don't think Paul's stock is high enough yet to take the leap, and think he could do a whole lot better by coming back and putting up some real numbers next season. I don't think Helu's stock would be that high yet either...there are other players out there that would go higher than Paul or Helu by far. Crick would have a shot, but then he has Suh ahead of him...but that isn't all bad. I don't think he would go probably real fast though. Suh...he will be gone first round easy (I know...duh!).

None of these 3 are even close to pro draft status to think about leaving.

You think Crick may leave? Crazy, Bo talked to Suh about his not being ready last year and he is the best DT in college this year. Bo, will get Cricks respect because he IS a defensive coach and has coached some very very good prospects.

Niles is not the reciever that Purify was. ( Purify) has a difficult time getting past the "practice squad" . Let's see how long he lasts on the Cincy active roster. Niles can not carry Purify's jock and he sure as hell is not any "smarter".

All 3 return and I think Crick will stay for his next 2 years. He knows the importance of his education.