Lee is a bit hesitant

mwj98

I don't know if he is rattled or not, but he is playing like it. It's hard losing your starting job and then have to go back and gain the confidence of the team. It looks like he is afraid to make a mistake. When you play scared like that, your natural abilities can't take over. For example, for all you golfers out there. It's like constantly slicing the ball and then all of a sudden, you have houses on your right and left. You short arm everything because you are afraid of the outcome. No different here. He needs to calm down and play an not worry about Pelini getting in his face.

Just my thoughts.

I agree, he's hesitant to pitch on the option as well. He does seem to be unsure of his passes, but with the history of our receivers, I guess I would be too. Niles has been decent lately, but McNeil has been relatively quite. Lee needs to regain the confidence in his arm and receivers, once the ball leaves his hand, he has no control over it, just chuck it and hope your guys catch it. Gotta stop worrying about the INTs or what Bo is gonna say. I will give Lee credit for playing well enough to win the past three games and taking care of the ball, but we were spolied with Ganz and his intangibles.

Lee runs with too much trepidation. When you're a running back or QB running the option YOU have to deliver the hit, not receive it. Lee always looks like a rabbit running for cover.

I agree with the earlier poster who stated that this site has a well documented history of critiquing Lee's hesitancy. Stay Gold, LOL!

However, I do think they need to stop running the option with him. He simply doesn't run that play well. I think they ran it 4-5 times last game (including an option pass), and I think they lost yardage on all but one of them. Time to throw THAT page in the shredder.

Thank goodness someone started a thread analyzing Zac Lee's performance. I can't believe nobody has been talking about this. The lack of conversation about Lee is... weird.

Thanks again. Stay gold, Pony Boy!

Wow. Just an observation. No need to be a smart ass. I'm pulling for the guy to get out of his funk. Good grief.

Thank goodness someone started a thread analyzing Zac Lee's performance. I can't believe nobody has been talking about this. The lack of conversation about Lee is... weird.

Wow. Just an observation. No need to be a smart ass. I'm pulling for the guy to get out of his funk. Good grief.

Better get used to it. But seriously, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought I'd see an early October date tied to it.

Actually, he played anything but hesitant when Watson gave him options to throw downfield. In fact, this is the one game where Lee trusted his arm more than any other game in his career.

His INT was an example of trusting his arm too much. He had a small window, thought he could rip one in there. Unfortunately, it was an awful throw and he paid for it. If he had taken a split second more to look back to the middle of the field McNeill was coming open, but he tried to make the tough throw.

I was actually encouraged with Lee and the confidence he actually showed in his arm last game. In the Kansas game he showed flashes, but he showed a ton of confidence against KSU.

Still has a ways to go, but Lee looked worlds better as compared to where he was.

it's on oft made observation.

almost got the -

dedhoarse

out.

Better get used to it. But seriously, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought I'd see an early October date tied to it.

Yea people who think Lee is soo good and dont believe he should not be critiqued should get off of their knees and see the daylight..

Beware of the thread Nazis