NU-TU: Keys to the Game?

craigsker

If we win, it will because defense wins football games.

1. Stop the run and force Texas to become one dimensional. Put the game in the hands of the secondary.

2. Takeaways/fumbles: No brainer...Turnovers are always huge.

3. Defensive Line play: Sacks/Pressure on McCoy.

4. Special Teams: Make 'em work hard for points with another huge kicking game from Henery/Kunalic. Returns to mid-field to make our offense not have to work as hard with good field position.

5. Hog the ball: Keep the Texas offense off the field.

Share yours?

Please don't stoop to the "t.u." thing. Your fanbase is better than that

I am unaware of this "T.U." thing. Can you enlighten me?

t.u.: Derogatory name for The University of Texas at Austin, normally abbreviated UT, the main rival school to Texas A&M University. Aggies maintain that UT is "a" university in Texas not "the" university of Texas. The t.u. therefore stands for "texas university", with the lowercase letters being an added insult.

t.u., whorns, sips/t-sips, UTerus...all "insults" from inferior schools. It's like me saying "Texas vs. The Bugeaters"

t.u.: Derogatory name for The University of Texas at Austin, normally abbreviated UT, the main rival school to Texas A&M University. Aggies maintain that UT is "a" university in Texas not "the" university of Texas. The t.u. therefore stands for "texas university", with the lowercase letters being an added insult.

t.u., whorns, sips/t-sips, UTerus...all "insults" from inferior schools. It's like me saying "Texas vs. The Bugeaters"

i do not think calling NU the 'bugeaters' is an insult.

i do not think calling NU the 'bugeaters' is an insult.

It depends on its context.

If people use it as a means of making fun of us because of a former school name, then some people find it insulting.

It's like the word "Jew". People use it to describe a religious sect or to insult others.

If we win, it will because defense wins football games.

1. Stop the run and force Texas to become one dimensional. Put the game in the hands of the secondary.

2. Takeaways/fumbles: No brainer...Turnovers are always huge.

3. Defensive Line play: Sacks/Pressure on McCoy.

4. Special Teams: Make 'em work hard for points with another huge kicking game from Henery/Kunalic. Returns to mid-field to make our offense not have to work as hard with good field position.

5. Hog the ball: Keep the Texas offense off the field.

Share yours?

I hope we first remember to try some of these out on Colorado.

:dunno

You fergot "shorthorns"

We must win the TOP battle. Keep the horns offense off the field and we'll have a shot at an upset. Big plays (Mc-to-ship) and missed tackles will kill us.

For the love of all things red, don't make Lee run!!! HE'S NOT A RUNNER!!

Absolutley must take advantage of any opportunity at a turnover. We're going to need at least two, maybe even +3 to be in this thing.

We win TOP, get a couple of turnovers, and have a better than good day of rushing, we're in this thing.

GBR

PS: Screw the buffs. I hope we shut them out and hang 24 on em. :laughpound

Ha ha! So you are saying that calling UT the whorns, sips/t-sips, UTerus, etc. is like others calling us the Bugeaters? Dude, the Bugeaters was out MASCOT in the early days of NU football. We embrace the Bugeaters. I am a Bugeater football fan. On every Husker board some person has the Bugeater moniker.

So does that mean UT wants to be called whorns, sips/t-sips, UTerus, TU, short horns? Are you getting any of this whorn boy??