Will Watson reveal any new plays next weekend?

Nexus

seriously...i've seen a high school offense better than that...we keep running the same play over a and over again...it's getting to the point where it's not working anymore because teams have seen it again and again..i'm not sayin we need to run a thousand different plays or anything...but ...geez!!!..total lack of imagination...watson need to stop babying them so much...we'd be lucky to score 3 points against texas if watson goes into the game with the mindset of playing not to lose ...time to let it all hang out wats!!!!

That's just an illusion, because that better high school offense was playing a high school defense.

Please, please, please just drop the shotgun spread crap

If we establish the run i will be so happy. I just want for us to shove the ball down their throat and not give up any big plays.

i think the key is for Wats to watch the UT/aTm footage over and over again. they knew what they were doing and it was more than just passion and emotion, UT was out-schemed, but the talent difference was just too much, especially with aTm's weak 'd,' however valiant they played.

& We dont have a Jerrod Johnson at QB. Gonna be a long game IMO

Surely he has a few trick plays stashed away for Texas, right?

I wish Watson would rip some of those trick plays that Auburn used against Alabama during the 1st quarter. That was exciting as hell to watch even though they fell short in the end, but they played with a lot of heart and executed those trick plays well.

Thoughts?

Pull out the trick plays if we aren't moving the ball or we get down early. Otherwise, I think if we run a game plan like we did when we played Texas Tech last year, we have an excellent shot at winning the game. Let's use Rex and Roy to run down the clock and shorten the game. Keep McCoy off the field, and when he is on, throw a SUH-nami at him. I'm so pumped for the game!

I'll be the happiest NU fan on the planet if we dump the fluffball wco for a power running game. Please God, tell me we will!!

Dude, what season have you been watching? The Huskers aren't running a "west coast" offense anymore, far from it! Supposedly NU is using a "multiple" offense, but I think a more apt description might be the "Bland Coast" offense. <_<

Seriously, when is the last time you say a WCO run the spread option a dozen times a freaking game?

Completely agree, watson has his 4-7 plays he runs over and over. We are fairly predictable and its kinda sad actually.

You wouldn't be referring to the playaction roll out pass throw to the tightend for 3 yds everytime play, would you?

Those are getting old, however i think Zac is more comfortable/confident on the move rather than

hanging in the pocket.

Completely agree, watson has his 4-7 plays he runs over and over. We are fairly predictable and its kinda sad actually.

You wouldn't be referring to the playaction roll out pass throw to the tightend for 3 yds everytime play, would you?

I would actually! and the same damn zone read that doesn't work because our qb especially now is not a running threat...and mayb the option the wrong way, i think that was the closest we have come to a trick play we have had all year, and the trick was on lee....mayb that was the offense sending a message to lee hahaha :sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm

Surely he has a few trick plays stashed away for Texas, right?

I wish Watson would rip some of those trick plays that Auburn used against Alabama during the 1st quarter. That was exciting as hell to watch even though they fell short in the end, but they played with a lot of heart and executed those trick plays well.

Thoughts?

:dunno I think everybody should scribble something down and send it to Watson.

Seriously, he has to try something next week, I have been hopeing for a pitch to Burkhead and pass to Paul streaking down the sidelines(Burkhead played some QB at Plano)