Colin Cowherd

cmb23

Was anyone listening this afternoon? He mentioned several occasions:

"There's no point in watching the game."

"I Bet $88,000 on Texas"

"Nebraska's Offense is an embarassment."

I've never really liked Cowherd. Looks like my opinion isn't going to change.

Don't feel too bad, he has been doggin the hell out of Alabama reminding them that they lost to Utah last year and Louisiana Monroe the year before.

In all fairness to Cowherd, he'd be saying the same thing about Texas if the roles were reversed. And he has a point that our offense isn't good.

The problem with talking heads like this guy is, they blow everything out of proportion so the controversy becomes the story. It's a self-sustaining situation then, because then you've got fans of the "dissed" team calling in to defend them, and fans of the "supported" team calling in to rebut, and everyone's all a-twitter, and meanwhile everyone's listening.

Cowherd doesn't give two craps about this game or either team involved. Cowherd cares about his Q rating and how many ears tune into his show.

In all fairness to Cowherd, he'd be saying the same thing about Texas if the roles were reversed. And he has a point that our offense isn't good.

The problem with talking heads like this guy is, they blow everything out of proportion so the controversy becomes the story. It's a self-sustaining situation then, because then you've got fans of the "dissed" team calling in to defend them, and fans of the "supported" team calling in to rebut, and everyone's all a-twitter, and meanwhile everyone's listening.

Cowherd doesn't give two craps about this game or either team involved. Cowherd cares about his Q rating and how many ears tune into his show.

:yeah they just want emotion. also, if he is wrong, that gives him a good 30 minutes to an hour to discuss how big the upset was and how historic and blah, blah, blah.

It pretty much just shoots it as it is. However, he isn't always on with his predictions and against the spread...

they just want emotion. also, if he is wrong, that gives him a good 30 minutes to an hour to discuss how big the upset was and how historic and blah, blah, blah.

Exactly! There's no way to lose. Meanwhile it's all just blather without consequence.

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets upon the stage,

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

- William Shakespeare

Macbeth, act 5, scene 5

Was anyone listening this afternoon? He mentioned several occasions:

"There's no point in watching the game."

"I Bet $88,000 on Texas"

"Nebraska's Offense is an embarassment."

I've never really liked Cowherd. Looks like my opinion isn't going to change.

$88,000??! Wow!! Hard to believe Cowherd could manage to save three years salary. I guess it doesn’t cost much to live in your mom’s basement.

Colin Cowherd. What a tool. :espnsucks:

:yeah they just want emotion. also, if he is wrong, that gives him a good 30 minutes to an hour to discuss how big the upset was and how historic and blah, blah, blah.

And historic it would be. Imagine a win like what this could be being known as the one in which NEBRASKA SAID "WE ARE BACK"

in my broadcasting class Cowheard or what ever his name is, falls under the category of tool.

and we are taught not to be like cowheard or wtf ever his name is.

not defending Cowherd. But your first class out of Broadcast school wont compare to Cowherd national broadcast. People like that sell to the people that love them and are follow by the people that hate them to see what they will say next. There is a reason people like Rush, O'Rielly, Howard Stern, Larry King, Etc are able to stay on. Shock and awe.

I hate Cowherd. He has now passed Jim Rome on my list of most hated hosts for radio.

Whoa now, I wouldn't go that far! Rome is on a whole nother level of douchebaggary than his radio peers. And rightfully so, because has Jim worked long and hard to earn his place in the jock sniffer Hall of Fame. So for you to suggest that Cowherd has reached that same pinnacle of smuckery, is an insult to the master(bater) that is Jim Rome!