Does Watson GO?

Watson  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But in all honesty, The line is really the only unit all year that has shown any improvement whatsoever. The best measure of coaching is improvement, We havent seen any all year, the Kansas game was a couple steps forward, but the K-state game was noghtin to brag about , Colorado was a step back and tonight, well we fell on our ass. Everything will be ok tho, why?

:bonez

i'm for firing wats and gilmore, i think cotton has done a good job this year, and i would like magino hired to replace wats or have beck bumped up(or if we can get tom herman to come over get him)

I would definitely like Mangino as our OC, especially with Cody Green waiting in the wings. Mangino's offense would be explosive with Green running it.

watson is good at what he wants to run. he cant run it with the personnel available at nebraska. get a new offense. let watson go to the SEC or Pac-10 with his offense

Of what I've read so far, this is probably the closest to what I believe.

I've been very critical of Watson until what I've read over the past couple of weeks. It actually sounds like Watson would prefer to open up the offense, but Bo is actually the one that is more concerned with the offense "managing" the game. I don't love Watson, but I think he is being hamstrung by Bo's attitude and that we don't have a QB they yet have faith in. Lee certainly hasn't earned any faith, apparantly Green is still too raw (is that a coaching problem?), and outside of a decent Niles Paul, our WRs are lacking. Since Texas Tech, outside of Roy and Rex, the O-line has been the best part of the offense as flawed as they may be.

Bo and Wats need to ensure that they're on the same page, that they're recruiting the proper talent, and that said talent is being properly developed. If by the start of Big12 play next year these 3 points aren't worked out, its time for Bo to get "his guy".

I'd like an option that says "watson should go, not sure about the rest".

I've seen some pretty bad offenses. I jsut don't think the offense side of the ball is coached properly enough to get is to the big dance, and that's obviously where we want to be.

I don't think watson is the man for the job.

Watson should drive a pizza delivery car. Or maybe try to sell shoes. Or maybe drive a taxi. Or he could sell crap on T.V. like useless exercise stuff. Or mow grass and trim bushes. There's a lot of stuff he could do instead of TRY to coach football...

"Worst offense I've seen" does not necessarily equal that Watson should be fired.

This is correct and it is a poly sci tactic to use this choice to split the momentum of unfavorables between the lesser of two evils.

These threads are being worked by vested interests. Anyone not seeing the data about the offense is just plain stupid.

Yep stupid....the data of the season is all you need. If your visual cortex does not have instant replay of the complete stumble bum mess this offense has been, see a neurologist fast, because we are being hosed by the ineptitude of engineered bad choices..

Can the entire offense coaching staff....

Consider Will shields should coach the O line...Scott Frost should be in, get rid of all the non affiliated and especially everyone with a callahan connection.

looks like 4 members of the offenses staff has taken the does Watson go poll!! who in your right mind think there doing a great job? I've never been prouder to be a husker than when the d was on the feild. and never more dissapointed than with to O (zach lee has to be the worse QB in all of the ncaa)

looks like 4 members of the offenses staff has taken the does Watson go poll!! who in your right mind think there doing a great job? I've never been prouder to be a husker than when the d was on the feild. and never more dissapointed than with to O (zach lee has to be the worse QB in all of the ncaa)

I admit I voted that option because I thought it was hilarious and that the poll was kinda poorly done.

Hard to do a job, when you don't have the tools you need. Give Watson another year, although I don't see it getting much better on that side of the ball, if qb's, o-line, wr's don't step up. Does anyone else????

GBR!!!

are you kidding me you dont think the Huskers dont have the tools! 5 retards and 6 blind kids could get 102 yards of offense if coached worth a crap waston is whoreable

We all asked for a power game and we got it. We tried time and time again to go with an i-formation and run it up the gut. Didn't ever get anything...ever. Our last drive, we run the ball out of the shotgun for the first time all night and look what happens. Lee gets 17 on a run. We get about 5 with a run with Burkhead out of the shotgun. I just can't stand the lack of adjustment in a game. From week to week I can see it. Granted it doesn't work much, we do see a slightly different offense each week. But it's like he chooses and offense before each game and says that's what we're doing no matter what.

I think he stays one more year. We return pretty much everyone. We have to get better. Right? If we see improvement next year he'll stay for a while. If not...see ya.

I think (hope) Bo decides to let Carl work on the defense and take some interest in the offense. Either were going to be a power running team or run the spread but for crying out loud, let's make up our minds and recruit players that can run that system and stick to it.

Exactly create an identity as they have with the defense and stick to it!!! While I must say I have placed Watson's head on the chopping block I feel he should have one more year. Thats being said I hope between now and the bowl game he - Oz and Bo sit down and map out a plan for the offense.

With that gang we gotta move on and wait to see who and where we play in the bowl game! Hey at least we are going somewhere!!!! :cheers

We played 13 games. If you take out the sun belt wram ups this offense would be rated around 115th in the country. But to put the blame on watson isn't fair. Seriously our O-line makes every D-lineman look like Suh.

They drive them backwards, and toss them like rag dolls. Exactly what kind of offensive play are you supposed to call when you have 1 second to get rid of the ball.

Watson needs to stay, Barney Cotton needs to go and I bet Bo and TO have a sit down probably after the bowl game and discuss these problems, Cotton is TO's man and that's the only reason he is here.

Something has to give...we cannot take another season of this crappy offense. It does not exist. We should have won last night, and with ANY offense at all, we would have.

I have been one to say that we had to give Watson a chance in the past, but this is getting old. Bo and Osborne need to figure out if it is Watson, or player personnel and do something about it one way or another.