Hardest loss to stomach

In my lifetime this loss this past saturday maybe the toughest one i remember and have had to stomach. I was born in 1982 so i dont remember the NC game where TO went for two otherwise that would be #1. The 93 FSU game is probably #1 and it is one of the 1st games i really remember vividly. #2 would be 96 texas game. #3 probably would have to be this game. #4 would be the 05 texas game. Unfortunately, Texas seems to dominate memories i want to forget. But maybe this is the way rivalries are born, but for that to happen we are going to need to stick it to them a couple times.

You guys will get your chance to roll TEXAS next year and the following year. We bring it a freshmen QB and an inexperienced defense. We have no running game and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Great game and that SUH guy....WOW!!!

If you thought our D was good this year, wait until you see the product we put on the field next year. :)

'93 FSU was #1 for me... This years ISU game is #2

ISU didn't hurt, it just got me angry. This one hurt

I agree, there are games that make you made and ones that actually hurt your soul and this is one of those that stings.

The reason i didnt put Vtech from this year on there are the circumstances. The close losses with all the what ifs where there are championships on the line hurt the most and Vtech didnt have that.

i could give a fcuk about the BTC...I just wanted a chance to put a hurting on Iowa in the Fiesta. Wouldn't have got the matchup anyway. Az is a good matchup for us. i'm looking foreward to sending SUH to the NFL with a bang.

We made huge strides this year. We will make more next. The healing has begun. We <3 you, BO

Go Huskers! Go SUH! Roll Tide!

'93 FSU was #1 for me... This years ISU game is #2

ISU didn't hurt, it just got me angry. This one hurt

I agree, there are games that make you made and ones that actually hurt your soul and this is one of those that stings.

My pride is part of my soul... thats what was really hurt.

Not to mention I almost puked because of that game. That defines "hard to stomach"

Losing to Florida State was a hard thing for me. I hated Florida State for many years after that. I have just recently found myself not hating them near as much. In fact I "Almost" feel bad for the trouble they have had recently.

This Texas loss hurt a lot but I think this is the beginning of a new amazing chapter of a great Dynasty. I think this fuels a fire in the Holiday Bowl and the 2010 Huskers. I think the 2010 Huskers take the next step for this program and that we are heading down the right road.

GO BIG FREAKING RED!!!

I thought Virginia Tech was a heart-breaker (much like this one). That one crazy play that just slips by O'Hanlon. We really deserved to win that one. I've actually felt we deserved to win all but one of the games this year. But I suppose if we had deserved to win, we would have. :dunno

I'm going to assume the one you are referring to is Texas Tech. I have been hearing that alot lately. Need I remind everyone that had Paul not fumbled and they scooped it up and taken it to the house and we scored that drive, it would have been 24-17...AT HOME! Who knows what could of happened...

Like Mack Brown said coming into the game, Nebraska is one or two plays away from being undefeated...

Granted that was coach speak and we were one or two plays away from barely being bowl eligible...Gomes strip at KU, 4th Quarter Miracle at Mizzou Part II

This one is the worst because of the way we were teased, but the teases against Texas Tech in '05 and Texas in '06 were pretty bad too. Texas '07, Texas Tech '08, and VT this year all hurt pretty bad too.

The really bad part is, even when we were lining up for Henerey's field goal attempt, I said to my mom and dad "What has Nebraska done in games like this over the past few years to make me think that we're actually going to win?" Of course, we all know what happened.