Suh Officially Heisman Finalist

Jarred04

This is ALL about SUH, and the young man deserves it. This is why he didn't go pro. Congrats.

With that said, just think of the publicity that NU is going to get this next week by ESPN, with guys like Herbstreit/Kiper who both love Suh.

Being a defensive guy, who has and WILL publically give Bo/Carl all the credit for his development, will do tremendous things for recruiting.

Blackshirts will be back (if not already) and will have guys lining up to have a chance to play for these guys.

I'm guessing most voters already had their vote in before saturday, otherwise how do you explain Colt and Tebow getting an invite after last saturday showings. If thats the case then Suh won't have a chance.

I'd hope voters would base their choice on the whole season, not the last game. That said, McCoy had a slow start this year, and Tebow really didn't have a great year either.

I didn't think Suh stood a chance with those 2 and Bradford returning. I thought McCoy was the favorite since it was "his turn". I thought a lot of you were nuts thinking Suh had a chance in this, even after Bradford went down, but I've come around.

I hope SUH wins it! He's such a beast. :bonez

I just hope the award ceremony doesn't name SUH as the winner of the trophy and all the sudden, officials run in and proclaim "Let's put one more vote in the ballot" and take the trophy from him and give it to McCoy.

Yes, I would say that he is a "long shot" to win, only because most of the "national media" or sportswriters outside of the Big 12 didn't follow his entire year and weren't exposed to him as much as the "so-called" leaders.

But wont it be fun to see all of his highlights, interviews, interviews with Coach Bo...........hell, I just want to see Bo in a tux....with his sweatshirt underneath :)

It will fun for Husker fans to watch and enjoy. What an honor as a DT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he finishes in top 3, it shows that he is the most dominant player in country and maybe one of the best Def players in college football history.

He's given us a lot of memorable moments and allowed me to feel like the Glory Years were here once again with him on the field. I can't believe we only get him for one more game. God I'm going to miss seeing him with the big red N on his helmet tossing qb's and making one-armed tackles....... God bless you big guy......and thank you for coming back this season. Throw the bones for the camera when you're introduced!

I'm guessing most voters already had their vote in before saturday, otherwise how do you explain Colt and Tebow getting an invite after last saturday showings. If thats the case then Suh won't have a chance.

Tom Shatel from Omaha World Herald said he was in touch with the Heisman committee this morning and they told him that very few people voted before Saturday this year.

I'm growing tired hearing what a honor to it is to get invited. If I were better with this darn computer, I would love to do a historical search on Suh's season #s versus other the stats of other DTs from years past. and then do the same with Ingram and Gerhart. They are great players, but in the history of Rbs, are they special when compared to previous Rbs. I am sure I would find that he deserves to be there as much, and probably more, as the other finalists.