Is Watson already gone?

How much heat is Watson under? Is he under enough heat that he knows, or thinks he knows, that he's out of here after the season?

I know Watson spearheaded the recruiting of Tyler Gabbert. Who recruited Curtis Carter? If it was Watson, or a Watson protege, I think we may be getting our signals that there's change in the air.

A "source close to the situation" told me tonight that Watson is not gone. Not at this point.

There's more that I cannot talk about right now. Nothing is set in stone at this time.

I guess what I can say is, there will be an evaluation and a decision on a direction coming up at a later date.

Reading into that, my speculation is that the direction we're going in won't include the skills guys like Gabbert and Carter possess, they were made aware of the situation, and they've moved on because of that. I think we're being pretty far above-board with these guys, giving them the chance to make a better decision for themselves, a more informed decision. And that's what I would expect from Nebraska, so it seems to fit.

A "source close to the situation" told me tonight that Watson is not gone. Not at this point.

There's more that I cannot talk about right now. Nothing is set in stone at this time.

I guess what I can say is, there will be an evaluation and a decision on a direction coming up at a later date.

Reading into that, my speculation is that the direction we're going in won't include the skills guys like Gabbert and Carter possess, they were made aware of the situation, and they've moved on because of that. I think we're being pretty far above-board with these guys, giving them the chance to make a better decision for themselves, a more informed decision. And that's what I would expect from Nebraska, so it seems to fit.

Thanks for the heads up. So we aren't looking for spread offense QBs or speedster slot WRs? Hmmm . . . pro-style? Pure power running/play action? I'm intrigued.