Is Watson already gone?

I'm not saying fire every assistant on offense. I wouldnt mind seeing cotton, gilmore and watson go, hire a new OC and have him bring a couple with him so we don't have to spend have of the season again mixing and matching offenses. I guess I would rather have to spend money to get the o down then save money to go through another season or two even remotely like the one I watched this season.

The new OC should be allowed to bring in whatever staff he wants. If that means he wants to fire every single offensive coach (including Brown & Beck) thats fine with me. If he wants to keep them thats fine with me 2

I would doubt anybody would want to fire Ron Brown unless you're name was Callahan. That man is one heck of a stand-up guy.

Seems like less than a year ago there were people worried about Watson getting hired away to be a HC. Funny how things change in such a short time.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Wats get the ax. I don't think Bo is the type to hold onto his Cosgrovian OC until the regime tumbles.

Well being "one heck of a stand up guy" has zero to do with being hired or fired in this case. I'm sure Wats is a perfectly nice guy but 106th in the nation isn't so nice. That being said I think Brown is a hell of a coach and should be kept around for that reason.

Yes, obviously. I thought that understanding was taken for granted. I'm not naive enough to think being a nice guy is good enough.

Wow.

I was thinking it would be difficult if you brought in a new guy but said you had these guys or those guys as your position coaches, but then I remembered the defensive staff overhaul in 03.

Solich brought in Pelini, but IIRC Pelini did NOT choose the other coaches on D. He made it work well enough

Well the way you said it, I hope he doesn't get fired he's a stand up guy, didn't mention one thing about performance. Not, hes a good coach and a hell of a guy, or he understands NU and is a hell of a guy. Is some female rubbin off on ya expecting us to read your mind?

I don't know, maybe....I sure as hell hope not!! :dunno

Son of a bitch, I'm going to eat hamburgers for lunch and steak for dinner tomorrow. I will then drink several beers and lay around in my underwear. Should bring me back to the good guys side!!

:thumbs

I wanted to add another thing to this..

I was just thinking about coaches that know how to run option football.

Frank Solich came to mind.

Yes I know he is a head coach at Ohio, but what would you all think about Frank as an OC?

I remember the last few years with Frank as OC, looked alot like what this year's offense did. No, if we get an option guy, we need to take a protege from Paul Johnson.

Well being "one heck of a stand up guy" has zero to do with being hired or fired in this case. I'm sure Wats is a perfectly nice guy but 106th in the nation isn't so nice. That being said I think Brown is a hell of a coach and should be kept around for that reason.

brown goes nowhere.... lets not forget.... he's from TO's staff