Prince a WR...

huskerguy

Ok this is something that has bugged me for awhile why do the TV announcers always refer to Prince as a "former WR" when he makes a play.

I've followed Prince since he entered the program and I thought he should be on offense, but Prince never played WR! He was brought in as a Athlete and maybe the first couple weeks of his first Camp they tried him on Offense and Defense, but he was never seriously considered a WR or any position on offense.

Am I crazy or do these announcers just have bad notes and continue to use them.

Ok this is something that has bugged me for awhile why do the TV announcers always refer to Prince as a "former WR" when he makes a play.

I've followed Prince since he entered the program and I thought he should be on offense, but Prince never played WR! He was brought in as a Athlete and maybe the first couple weeks of his first Camp they tried him on Offense and Defense, but he was never seriously considered a WR or any position on offense.

Am I crazy or do these announcers just have bad notes and continue to use them.

I think they are talking about in highschool

He might be the most explosive player on our team. Put him at punt returns. Put him the in the Wildcat/Joker. Put him in the slot for a few snaps a game and run some jet sweeps to him. Throw him the ball. This offense is in desperate need of playmakers.

probably not a bad idea, as Paul is a bit overhyped as a return guy.

This season, he had (as many or) more catches than Cotton, Young and Robinson. And that's when the quarterback is trying to throw the ball AWAY from him.

If I was Bo, I would be livid at Watson by this point. The excuses may have worked in September and maybe October, but 100 yards of offense in our 13th effing game?!? It's beyond pathetic. I would tell Watson, "You're gonna find a way to get 300 yards offense or you won't be around next December. I don't care if you have to pull out the statue of liberty, the double reverse pass, the Joker... whatever. Find something that works or we'll find someone who works."

If I was coach I would make these 4 changes

Move Prince to WR. He has crazy moves and can actually catch the ball.

Move Reed back to LB. We seem to have a surplus of TE's now and I remember last season the coaches were saying he was unblockable.

Move Baker to O-Line. We flat out need help there and he is a beast.

And finally, demolish the QB position on the depth chart.

If I was coach I would make these 4 changes

Move Prince to WR. He has crazy moves and can actually catch the ball.

Move Reed back to LB. We seem to have a surplus of TE's now and I remember last season the coaches were saying he was unblockable.

Move Baker to O-Line. We flat out need help there and he is a beast.

And finally, demolish the QB position on the depth chart.

Not to rain on your parade, but.....

Prince was all Big XII. He will be the best player in the defensive backfield for us, if not the whole Big XII. Moving possibly our best defensive player next year to offense make absolutely no sense.

Reed has a huge future at tight end, and we have a surplus of linebackers in his class. He has two seasons at tight end under his belt. It would be straight silly to move him now.

Baker is a defensive lineman. Please accept it people. That is where he wants to be, that is where the coaches want him, and he will be a starter next year. It would take a year, if not more, on the bench before he could contribute on the o-line. Moving from the d-line to the o-line is a HUGE change. Just because they are both lines does not mean you can transition easily. That would be a career killer.

I won't even respond to the last suggestion.