What are we wanting out of the University of Texas and Big 12?

CornBall

Texas, because of its sheer population and variety of industries, most certainly is loaded with cash.

But Nebraska is a direct beneficiary of this. We have a HUGE booster base in the state of Texas that rivals Nebraska, itself. Dan Cook is a stud NU booster and lives in the DFW area. There's plenty more.

And thankfully there are scholarship limits and UT can only offer 20 to 25 schollies per year at the most.

Yet there are 200 to 300 players in Texas each year that are high school seniors that can make a big splash in D-1.

I'd like to see NU at the very top of their list if UT doesn't offer. Pelini is getting us there. Occasionally, we'll even get a Burkhead that gets offered by UT but says "thanks but I'm going to be a Husker". Gotta love that.

Playing Texas to the last second in the Jerry Dome, plus kicking some tail in College Station next year, is going to be huge for our program.

Let's let this Pelini era play out a little and I think we are going to appreciate the state of Texas a lot more. Jerry's place is going to be Memorial Stadium South in short order.

Jerry's place is never going to be Memorial stadium south if they don't change the way tickets are sold for the CCG. If you were there you would have noticed there were way more UT fans. And, I don't feel it was because of location necessarily, but lack of affordable tickets for NU.

Cowboys season ticket holders had first chance at tickets. I'm sure there are way more Cowboy season ticket holders that are fans of teams in the Southern division compared to North Division. Also, even if the season ticket holder isn't a So. Div. team fan, I bet there are many friends, family, or aquaintances of these holders that are So. Div. team fans than any North Div. school.

As far as moving the CCG game because which fans, etc were shown more on the screen isn't a reason or an excuse. However, if you were there you could see the definite bias towards Texas by what was shown on the screen. It did get old. All the NU fans were talking about it.

Don't know how many of you listen to 1620thezone but they are right now talking about what happened when the Big 12 was formed and how it handicapped Nebraska the most. If you can later, listen to the podcasts they have on their website to hear explanations of what happened when the Big 12 was formed.

Also, as far as Dan Cook, why do you think he is in the DFW area? Money man, Money!! Also about him being a stud booster, I'm not sure about that anymore. Maybe the fences have been mended but he was none to happy a couple of years ago when Pedey was let go. Read article.

http://www.journalstar.com/sports/football...98055734a6.html

Also, as far as Dan Cook, why do you think he is in the DFW area? Money man, Money!! Also about him being a stud booster, I'm not sure about that anymore. Maybe the fences have been mended but he was none to happy a couple of years ago when Pedey was let go. Read article.

http://www.journalstar.com/sports/football...98055734a6.html

:violin Here is a little song for Danny boy to show just how much I care what the f#*k that rich old moron thinks! :violin

I'm just glad you are there to insert the final word....so go ahead now....

Final word? Why, thank you!

My final word on this is that you're whining about nothing. You're expecting a level of behavior from an entire fan base that's unrealistic, that doesn't exist anywhere, and that wouldn't be representative of a real-world gamut of emotions that would logically be expected from any diverse group.

Further, the team you're defending has exhibited and continues to exhibit behavior far worse than any example you've come up with. So, the ideal you expect from one team you don't expect from another. Illogical.

Also, when someone calls you out on that unrealistic expectation, you go into attack mode and start sniping. That makes you a hypocrite, since you're clearly not evincing the behavior you demand from this fan base.

You've been shown, by your own behavior, to be unrealistic and a hypocrite. You could improve by acting in a manner you demand Husker fans act in, and by holding every school and fan base up to the same level of behavior you want from us.

And that's.... one to grow on. :thumbs

:horns2

A question that i asked in another thread and got no answer: What does NU get from the Big 12 that makes it worth staying in. We've had a list of what it cost us. What do we get in return?

We get to compete in quite possibly the best conference in America. The only legit rival in all sports would be the SEC.

That's enough for me.

Goodbye Big 12. Hello irrelevance.

Just call us the Wisconsin Badgers of the lower midwest from now on. But you can bet we'll be competitive with Indiana and Purdue with all of our 1-star recruits. :snacks:

A question that i asked in another thread and got no answer: What does NU get from the Big 12 that makes it worth staying in. We've had a list of what it cost us. What do we get in return?

Short answer: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$+ another 12 million. Last year alone. When your budget is 74.8 million, that is a huge donation.

That includes TV, although that is ran through the B12 as far as I understand it.

Short answer: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$+ another 12 million. Last year alone. When your budget is 74.8 million, that is a huge donation.

That includes TV, although that is ran through the B12 as far as I understand it.

If that's the short answer, then we ought to join the Big 10. They generate a lot more revenue for their schools than the Big 12 does, according to this blog post.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/20...e-sharing-funds

We get to compete in quite possibly the best conference in America. The only legit rival in all sports would be the SEC.

That's enough for me.

Just call us the Wisconsin Badgers of the lower midwest from now on. But you can bet we'll be competitive with Indiana and Purdue with all of our 1-star recruits. :snacks:

So in other words we get nothing. Just the reply I was expecting.

How much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

if we didn't split with those other 11 schools who hate us and negotiated our own TV contract?

If that's the short answer, then we ought to join the Big 10. They generate a lot more revenue for their schools than the Big 12 does, according to this blog post.

yeah that is from 11 teams spread equally. If you take those numbers and divide it by 12 teams (assuming revenue stays roughly the same) we would then get 12.8 million. according to the annual report, that would be a 900,000 per year raise. Not a small chuck of change.

That's enough for me.

A snarky remark about 1 star recruits and another dig at Wisconsin. Wow, I never saw that coming! :sarcasm

That's enough for me.

A snarky remark about 1 star recruits and another dig at Wisconsin. Wow, I never saw that coming! :sarcasm

hey I love 'Sconsin!!! It's the other BIG RED. :snacks:

yeah that is from 11 teams spread equally. If you take those numbers and divide it by 12 teams (assuming revenue stays roughly the same) we would then get 12.8 million. according to the annual report, that would be a 900,000 per year raise. Not a small chuck of change.

In our athletic budget, that's lunch money.

That $900K number isn't right. It assumes Nebraska doesn't bring any new revenue to the Big 10, which it would with a conf champ game and probably another bowl, plus any other revenue it brings; and it compares $12M for Nebraska in the Big 12 now (source unknown) against the Big 10 money from the report I quote which claims $9.1M for Nebraska now in the Big 12.

There's no way the Big 10 adds a team if it doesn't increase the size of the pie they split. I think you could assume we'd add as much as we take, so we'd get $14M using the report I posted, vs $9.1M. That's ~$5M, it's not lunch money, it's dinner and drinks at least.

That $900K number isn't right. It assumes Nebraska doesn't bring any new revenue to the Big 10, which it would with a conf champ game and probably another bowl, plus any other revenue it brings; and it compares $12M for Nebraska in the Big 12 now (source unknown) against the Big 10 money from the report I quote which claims $9.1M for Nebraska now in the Big 12.

There's no way the Big 10 adds a team if it doesn't increase the size of the pie they split. I think you could assume we'd add as much as we take, so we'd get $14M using the report I posted, vs $9.1M. That's ~$5M, it's not lunch money, it's dinner and drinks at least.

The number I used is form the annual report I get from being a booster. I am looking for it online, but it doesnt seem to be readily available. I am getting 11.9 million from that, and the disconnect is coming from that my report shows TV AND conference income, so the money we get from bowl sharing etc. Although showing how much more we would bring in is a little shakey, I think your numbers are within the ball park, so dinner, drinks, and maybe some over priced bottle of wine?