The movement to FIRE Turner Gill has already begun.

Plus, who would ever voluntarily move from Palo Alto, CA to Lawrence, KS?

I voluntarily moved from just north of Palo Alto, CA back to Lincoln. Does that make me crazy? Probably. :)

Yes, unless you (1) have a previous connection with Lincoln, (2) got a fat raise to move or (3) had to move because your parents moved and you live in their basement. Just kidding. I'd love to move back to Lincoln someday.

This site is dedicated to firing TG from Buffalo but was changed on the 13th to reflect the Kansas hiring. According to a web whois I get this information:

Domain Name: FIRETURNERGILL.COM

Created on: 08-Oct-09

Expires on: 08-Oct-10

Last Updated on: 13-Dec-09

Looks like someone just hates TG and it doesn't matter where he goes. The person who registered it lives in Athens, GA.

Nice detective work! Sounds like we have a cyberstalking goofball on our hands. Had Gill taken an OC job with, say, the Patriots, would he have kept that up, saying that the Patsies had hired the wrong guy?

Imagine spending money on a website like that. Could donate that to the local shelter, but no... spend it on this. Brilliant.

There are also alot of complete @ssholes out there called squatters.

They register every and all domains they can think of for a minimal fee - usually around $20. They then hope that someone comes along looking for one of their squat domains. The for-sale-site will then have a contact link where you can go to buy the website from the squatter.

Unless you have a federal registrar on the name, they can charge whatever they want. This site may have just been one of those whom a squatter registered back in October, but sold it to some Kansas queef this week.

The sad thing is that if this is the case, once the interest wears off and the current owner lets the domain expire, the squatter can go right back in and re-register it for $20. And then sell the domain to the next school that hires Gill.

My guess would be that someone could make a decent bit of money registering www.fire(insert any coach in any sport's name here).com

Edit: Ha! This is pretty funny. Some other domains that are registered and their creation date:

firebopelini.com September 22, 2005

firebobstoops.com August 3, 2001

fireurbanmeyer.com January 3, 2004

firepetecarrol.com December 31, 2005

firemarkmangino.com November 16, 2009

Apparently Kansas's previous head coach was not relevant as recently as some others...

This has been discussed on the KU boards plenty. While there are some fans that don't like the Gill hire, I for one am pretty pumped. So much so that I'm buying my season tickets next week and going to make the trip to Lawrence every week.

There was also a good amount of KU fans that were iffy about the hire, but after hearing Gill's first presser are sure he is a guy that will get the program on the right track.

The dude for GA can suck it. And if you look around which many of you have there is a site like that for about any coach you can think of.