New QB Target

EZ-E

Not sure if he will visit other schools, but NU is at the top of his list along with Western Kentucky if he does.

Willie Tiger, who is an alum of Manatee (his HS), is a coach at Western Kentucky.

Says he likes the idea of staying close to home to play.

I think Tommie Frazier needs to step in and give him that push to come here. Afterall, Tommie lives in Lincoln with his family so at least Carnes wouldn't be totally alone since they're cousins.

I could be wrong, but if the NCAA wanted to be nitpicky, Tommie being involved could be a recruiting violation since he is associated with the University and all.

Prior relationship, they are family.

It's rather interesting really. Rivals indicated that Carnes said he hasn't ruled out taking a couple more visits next month. Much has been made recently of Pelini's stance on a recruit taking visits after he commits, but Leavitt took that stance a couple years ago. I would expect Carnes is well aware of that.

I assume you mean that Leavitt would pull Carnes's offer if he takes visits so IF Carnes does make a visit or two it is a great sign? Good thought.

Yes. That has been Leavitt's stance in the past and he has yanked offers to kids that went looking around after committing to USF.

Bit off-topic.. but what is with Mangino, Leach, now possibly Leavitt (others?) getting fired? Are these class of schools having money issues or something?

It just seems bizzare that these football programs that were basically nothing before their fired/potentially fired coach came in are getting sh#t-canned based on what appears to be pretty weak evidence/infractions.

Bit off-topic.. but what is with Mangino, Leach, now possibly Leavitt (others?) getting fired? Are these class of schools having money issues or something?

It just seems bizzare that these football programs that were basically nothing before their fired/potentially fired coach came in are getting sh#t-canned based on what appears to be pretty weak evidence/infractions.

Well I don't think Money is the issue, it takes $3-5 Million to buy out a coach these days. Also consider it takes the same amount of money they were paying the previous coach to hire a new one. Turner Gill just got a bit over $2 Million from KU to replace the Fat Man.

I suspect they got spoiled by the winning and the programs aren't doing as well now, so they're underappreciative and think they can do better. "You got us here, thanks for nothing, we'll go farther."

Not to get too far off topic here, but have you guys seen the emails between the Texas Tech administration and a top donor about Leach's contract negotiations from last year? They are very revealing. Sounds like they wanted to fire Leach and steal Briles from Baylor if only Briles' contract didn't have a $4 million buyout stopping them.

Each situation is different.

Mangino had a long history of incidents. The guy clearly lets his temper get the better of him. He got away with those things when they won 12 games and a BCS bowl. It became too much to ignore. Considering he received a buyout, it certainly didn't benefit the school financially to get rid of him.

The Leach decision obviously had a financial element to it. It's pretty easy to figure out what went on if you read the documents. Regardless of how hard ESPN tries to paint Leach as the villain in this, his treatment of James was certainly not an offense that warrants firing.

Leavitt was accused of grabbing a player by the throat and hitting him twice at halftime during a game. The school hired an independent firm to investigate and they still have not given any indication of the results. USF doesn't have the money to go after a big coach and Leavitt is loyal to the program so it is extremely unlikely that they want him gone. They are just being diligent with the investigation of what is a very serious accusation.

I don't know that I would say he led them to a win. He overthrew #7 three times on a for sure td. Who the hell is #7 anyway? That kid can fly and looks to have a little build to him as well. Isn't that Bernard for the other team at rb?

I do know that this kid has really poor mechanics throwing the ball. He holds the ball far too low making him susceptible to strips and slow delivery. He constantly throws off his back foot and has no progressions what so ever. He locks on to a receiver from the time he leaves the line of scrimmage.

He may be a diamond in the rough, but he will have to unlearn a bunch of bad habits.