New QB Target

EZ-E

Posted this in another thread, but I think it probably belongs here:

Here's what the high school coach of current USF commits Brion Carnes and Ace Sanders had to say about it (link for full story).

"Carnes had been a solid commitment, but will visit Nebraska and look at other schools, according to Sanders and Manatee head coach Joe Kinnan.

'Brion and Ace are going to wait and see what happens,' Kinnan said. 'They are still interested in USF, but want to see how the situation sorts itself out and who is there. I don't know what is going to happen. I talked to them this morning and they said they wanted to wait.'

Kinnan said he learned about the firing on Thursday from a high school coach that was being visited by USF offensive coordinator Mike Canales, who was called back from the visit by school officials.

'Coach Leavitt visited Carnes on Monday and Brion was strong about his commitment to USF, but now we just don't know. He won't rule out USF, but wants to look at other things.'"

I just read that 1620 reported today that Carnes is coming for an official visit. Anyone catch that segment, when is he expected in Lincoln?

I believe the plan is the 15th. Ill check on that for you though.

I think our chances with Carnes have to be very good and as good as anyone else right now with USF in shambles.

MODS, we should move Brion Carnes profile into the 2010 recruiting forum I would think.

Dont bet the farm on it. Carnes' mom really wants him to stay in state.

This will sound stupid I know but this kid needs a trip to NU that is as painless as possible, no flight delays, hopefully no plane changes (but I dont think that will happend), not a lot of turbulence, then a quick very safe and boring ride from Omaha to Lincoln.

The things out of the staffs control are going to be big factors, when it comes to a kid that already thinks he wants to be very close to home and a mom that wants him close to home, well, everything has to go right because the smalled thing, such as a delayed flight, can trigger all bad thoughts.

Again, I know it sounds stupid, but it has some truth.

This will sound stupid I know but this kid needs a trip to NU that is as painless as possible, no flight delays, hopefully no plane changes (but I dont think that will happend), not a lot of turbulence, then a quick very safe and boring ride from Omaha to Lincoln.

The things out of the staffs control are going to be big factors, when it comes to a kid that already thinks he wants to be very close to home and a mom that wants him close to home, well, everything has to go right because the smalled thing, such as a delayed flight, can trigger all bad thoughts.

Again, I know it sounds stupid, but it has some truth.

I agree to an extent, but all things considered, life is full of unexpected occurrences, good or bad. The focus needs to be on things that we have some degree of control over versus those we don't.

I think the key ingredient of this trip will be his cousin, Tommie Frazier. Even though Brion will be a long way from home, his family has to feel like he'll be safe with Tommie nearby. An added benefit is the fact that if the family chooses to visit Lincoln for games and whatnot, Tommie will be able to host them.

I think once Brion sees the type of "hero worship" Husker Nation has for Tommie Frazier, it'll confirm all the stories he has heard down in Florida about him. It's one thing to hear about it, but it's another thing to actually witness it up close & personal. I think that will also influence his decision in the end.