New QB Target

EZ-E

If Wats is planning on running the same exact offense with a west coast passing game and is recruiting Carnes and Turner for qb's I will be completely speechless.

I could not agree more. It would make absolutely no sense at all to recruit kids like Carnes and Turner to be a drop back passer. It makes no sense if they try to do the same thing with CG.

Maybe there will be a hybrid? I can't help but think that Pelini is going to have some say in what stays & goes from Watson's playbook over the off-season. It is my understanding that having a "balanced" or "multiple" offense as Bo has said recently, means taking the best of whatever Watson has in his playbook and perhaps the best of what Dr. Tom has from his old playbook, and making a hybrid out of it? That's just my guess, but what the hell do I know? :dunno

A camel is a horse built by committee. Bo is not an offensive football coach. TO is not going to be an OC. If they don't want Wats to run the offense get an OC that will install what they think they want and go with it.

You are not going to be TT and Alabama on consecutive plays or series. And until we decide it is hard to get O talent here at the skill spots.

If Wats is planning on running the same exact offense with a west coast passing game and is recruiting Carnes and Turner for qb's I will be completely speechless.

I could not agree more. It would make absolutely no sense at all to recruit kids like Carnes and Turner to be a drop back passer. It makes no sense if they try to do the same thing with CG.

Maybe there will be a hybrid? I can't help but think that Pelini is going to have some say in what stays & goes from Watson's playbook over the off-season. It is my understanding that having a "balanced" or "multiple" offense as Bo has said recently, means taking the best of whatever Watson has in his playbook and perhaps the best of what Dr. Tom has from his old playbook, and making a hybrid out of it? That's just my guess, but what the hell do I know? :dunno

A camel is a horse built by committee. Bo is not an offensive football coach. TO is not going to be an OC. If they don't want Wats to run the offense get an OC that will install what they think they want and go with it.

You are not going to be TT and Alabama on consecutive plays or series. And until we decide it is hard to get O talent here at the skill spots.

I don't know if Nebraska is going after this guy, but smoke is really starting to build around the USF program. The investigation has been going on for a while and supposedly some prominent players are spearheading the push to have Leavitt removed.

I'm curious to know this too. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't go after him though. We don't really need to pursue a QB this year. You figure we have Cody Green, Kody Spano, Taylor Martinez & Ron Kellogg vying for the QB spot for the next 3-4 years. My guess is they'll make a push for Jamal Turner and Aaron Green as high priority recruits next year instead.

We have made a push for this kid. We have virtually nothing to lose; so why not?

I mean if we can get this kid N then awesome, if we cant we have another kid that is sounding promising in Jamal Turner.

If we push for Carnes, then we should also go after his teammate & cousin WR Ace Sanders too. If we landed both of these guys, it'd fill the void of losing Gabbert & Carter.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/purdue/football/re...e-Sanders-81012

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if he will visit other schools, but NU is at the top of his list along with Western Kentucky if he does.

Willie Tiger, who is an alum of Manatee (his HS), is a coach at Western Kentucky.

Says he likes the idea of staying close to home to play.

I think Tommie Frazier needs to step in and give him that push to come here. Afterall, Tommie lives in Lincoln with his family so at least Carnes wouldn't be totally alone since they're cousins.

It's rather interesting really. Rivals indicated that Carnes said he hasn't ruled out taking a couple more visits next month. Much has been made recently of Pelini's stance on a recruit taking visits after he commits, but Leavitt took that stance a couple years ago. I would expect Carnes is well aware of that.

Not sure if he will visit other schools, but NU is at the top of his list along with Western Kentucky if he does.

Willie Tiger, who is an alum of Manatee (his HS), is a coach at Western Kentucky.

I think Tommie Frazier needs to step in and give him that push to come here. Afterall, Tommie lives in Lincoln with his family so at least Carnes wouldn't be totally alone since they're cousins.

I could be wrong, but if the NCAA wanted to be nitpicky, Tommie being involved could be a recruiting violation since he is associated with the University and all.

I could be wrong, but if the NCAA wanted to be nitpicky, Tommie being involved could be a recruiting violation since he is associated with the University and all.

It's rather interesting really. Rivals indicated that Carnes said he hasn't ruled out taking a couple more visits next month. Much has been made recently of Pelini's stance on a recruit taking visits after he commits, but Leavitt took that stance a couple years ago. I would expect Carnes is well aware of that.

I assume you mean that Leavitt would pull Carnes's offer if he takes visits so IF Carnes does make a visit or two it is a great sign? Good thought.