Would Pelini have landed Suh?

Nova311

Suh has openly and publically said after 2007 he was looking to transfer to Oregon St. , but once he met with Bo and was around him he was convinced to stay.

So in a way Bo did land Suh got him to stay and thats all Bo has ever had to do to "recruit" Suh so to me anyway I think it shows he knows how to handle big time players if they are able to be open and hard working like Suh has.

yeah I was just about to edit my other post and add that...

Suh was a big time talent coming out, but he wasn't the All American caliber player he is now. Suh has benefited greatly from the coaches and their system.

I think a more interesting question would be how would guys like Andre Jones, Zack Bowman, and especially Steve Octavien looked in Bo's defense. All those guys were just as touted or more highly touted than Suh ever was and likely deserved because 2 of the 3 are playing on Sundays.

yeah I was just about to edit my other post and add that...

Suh was a big time talent coming out, but he wasn't the All American caliber player he is now. Suh has benefited greatly from the coaches and their system.

I think a more interesting question would be how would guys like Andre Jones, Zack Bowman, and especially Steve Octavien looked in Bo's defense. All those guys were just as touted or more highly touted than Suh ever was and likely deserved because 2 of the 3 are playing on Sundays.

All three of those guys would have been dynamite. Octavien was an absolute beast. I think he would have been similar to Dillard only bigger, faster, stronger.

oh, there is no doubt that Suh benefited from the coaching... no doubt at all.

would Bo's recruiting ability have landed Suh to begin with? Not so sure.

He's landing 5 DE this class, but that is only because of Suh's success on the field.

Has nothing to do with Bo's recruiting prowess... which is not his strength.

No, Pelini would not have landed Suh.

I'd like to know how you know this?

From what I've seen he has really struggled at landing high ranking defensive linemen...... :sarcasm

The only reason I would think that he may not have landed Suh was that Bo likely does very little recruiting in Oregon. But, if the question is "could" Bo recruit Suh, I think the answer is absolutely "Yes". The fact that he convinced him to stay, not once, but twice says a lot.

true, but Bo is a below average recruiter... this is well known, so don't kool aide it.

Bo believes success on the field translates into recruiting.

This is true.

But it also works both ways... (i.e. the offense)

it's just a dumb hypothetical q anyways...

Bo and Carl can surely coach and get the most out of what they have on defense.

Offensively, I don't have a single good feeling about anything the coaches did this year, nor going forward.

Bo is just a glorified defensive coordinator in my opinion.

Likely the best one out there, but he is no head coach.