Arizona football forums

GSG

Indeed I did. Basically the same thing you'll see on this board, a fair amount of respect for the opposing program and acknowledgement that the game should be close, but confidence that their team will end up being the victor.

The quick passing game eliminating Suh has merit though. Remember Florida Atlantic? Suh never laid a hand on the quarterback due to their 3 step drops and max protection (Arizona won't have max pro, but it will still be difficult getting into the backfield fast enough). Let's hope that our ends and blitz packages can bat down some balls and lay a lick or two on their quarterback.

The quick passing game eliminating Suh has merit though. Remember Florida Atlantic? Suh never laid a hand on the quarterback due to their 3 step drops and max protection (Arizona won't have max pro, but it will still be difficult getting into the backfield fast enough). Let's hope that our ends and blitz packages can bat down some balls and lay a lick or two on their quarterback.

It can eliminate the pass rush, but this won't help them move down the field if our DBs cover these routes and tackle as good as they have all year long.

I am not saying I dont think NU will win....but I just get this feeling that most on this board haven't seen Arizona play and are just "Thinking" this game will be easy. I have watched the Arizona offense, and the first team I thought of was TT and it worried me. Yes, we held TT to approx. 24 points offensively, but that will be enough to outscore our offense.

Haag is not that good. Absolutely, it gives NU a chance to put the defense on the field that we have been using most of the season, but they will move the ball. I think some of you are setting yourselves up to be extrememely pissed when Arizona gets the ball into the endzone.

OU's offense was depleted, ISU sux, CU sux, Ku was in the middle of losing 7 sraight, MU played in a friggin monsoon...... I really like the blackshirts and they will win the game for us at San Diego, but this will be a clsoe game.

I am not saying I dont think NU will win....but I just get this feeling that most on this board haven't seen Arizona play and are just "Thinking" this game will be easy. I have watched the Arizona offense, and the first team I thought of was TT and it worried me. Yes, we held TT to approx. 24 points offensively, but that will be enough to outscore our offense.

Haag is not that good. Absolutely, it gives NU a chance to put the defense on the field that we have been using most of the season, but they will move the ball. I think some of you are setting yourselves up to be extrememely pissed when Arizona gets the ball into the endzone.

OU's offense was depleted, ISU sux, CU sux, Ku was in the middle of losing 7 sraight, MU played in a friggin monsoon...... I really like the blackshirts and they will win the game for us at San Diego, but this will be a clsoe game.

I watched the az - iowa game on the tube.

arizona won't be a problem...

even with stanzi giving az a pick six, iowa handled them easily enough.

az only scored 10 on the d.

they'll be lucky to get a fg.

Arizona is a completely different team than when they played Iowa. Different QB, who has played a ton better than the guy who started the year. Plus, once their running back got injured, they went to a more "spread" attack out of necessity, and it has worked very well.

I'm saying NU will win, just not as easy as some may think. With our offense, I cant believe ANYONE would think this game will be anything more than a 10 pt game at best.

Yawn..

Exciting. So, Arizona's offense is apparently on par with Texas Tech's.

Right.

On a side note, could anyone even name an Arizona player before they were named our opponent?

I still cant.

If this is the case, should make for one hell of a look-a-like thread. We've got a few hours before a week until the game, whose going to start it up?

So let's make a list of why we can't beat Arizona (according to GOCATS.com message board):

Their O-line is better than Texas'

Their QB takes a 1 step drop, using only quick passes, holding the ball no more than 3 or 4 seconds, nullifying our pass rush.

Even if our DB's take away the quick pass, they will use a double move with the QB still only holding the ball 3 or 4 seconds (again, our pass rush is nullified) with a 1 step drop AND he throws the best long ball of all time, ever.

Their RB's should be healed up, allowing them to run circles around one of the best D-Lines in college football.

Their D is so good that we won't gain a yard. (I guess all that sloppy tackling on saw all over YouTube was just a fluke)

Does this sound about right?

We might as well not even go to San Diego.

Does this sound about right?

Yep, that about covers it. They've got this chalked up as a win all right.

I still chuckle every time I see one of them talk about a 1 step drop. Foles might get his leg broken from his own man being shoved back into him every time he passes. Maybe they should try the shotgun instead, or a least make that 1 step drop about 5 feet long.