Venting About The Bowl Selection

I'm not excited about our bowl game at all. We finished 9-3, we were 1 second (& 2 ridiculous pass interference calls) away from knocking out Texas, the team playing for the national championship. & the f^cking bowl selection committee pairs us against an 8-4 team. If they're going to pit us against a Pac 10 team, Stanford would clearly be the better choice. Stanford beat Oregon & raped USC, & watching Suh play against Gerhart would be awesome. The bowl committee did a lazy job with this selection IMO.

I'm not trying to disrespect Arizona or any Arizona fans on this board with this post. Arizona has a solid football team & I'm sure they will play us tough. But, its ridiculous that after the season we had they matched us up against an 8-4 team.

Edited by AngryHusker88

Well, Zona is favored to win the game.

Yes, but you're missing my point. I'm well aware that Arizona could potentially beat us (especially if our offense plays like its been playing lately). What I'm saying is that after our season, we've earned the right to play a team that has had a better season than Arizona.

My point is that the bowl selection committee did a lazy a$$ job with this pairing. Oklahoma vs Arizona, Nebraska vs Stanford makes much more sense.

Edited by AngryHusker88

This topic has been discussed into the ground in previous threads, but with the Crap 10 tie, it's up to the bowl who they take.

Your opinion is your opinion, but your argument is, well.....pointless.

p.s. Don't become a Mizzou fan, they'e only been bent over three times in a row in a bowl bid.

My argument? What argument? The purpose of this thread isnt to argue anything, its to vent about how I feel about the bowl selection, as stated in the title of the thread

This topic has been discussed into the ground in previous threads, but with the Crap 10 tie, it's up to the bowl who they take.

Your opinion is your opinion, but your argument is, well.....pointless.

p.s. Don't become a Mizzou fan, they'e only been bent over three times in a row in a bowl bid.

we are on a message board right? how is it pointless?

I seem to remember a 7-9 loss to Iowa State.

We aren't all that and a cup of tea either.

They finished second in the Pac 10. Period.

They are damned good team who will give us all we want.

Most are just happy to be going to a bowl game, now we are getting picky.

I seem to remember a 7-9 loss to Iowa State.

We aren't all that and a cup of tea either.

They finished second in the Pac 10. Period.

They are damned good team who will give us all we want.

Most are just happy to be going to a bowl game, now we are getting picky.

I remember seeing the worst offense at NU in well over 40 years. Incredibly, even worse than the mighty Coz's defense in 2007 (yet 99% of NU fans think that's just fine....."Well, let's see what he does next year"....ho hum....).

We better appreciate this year's defense because it carried a load no blackshirts have ever carried in living memory.

We're aren't anywhere near an elite status yet with a totally non-functional offense. But fickle NU fans who cheered firing a bowl winning 10 - 3 staff in 2003 now seem quite satisfied with our offense an OC for some bizarre reason. Only at Nebraska....

it is not the Bowl selection it is the bowl tie in.

the Holiday Bowl places the #2 Pac-10 and the #3 Big 12 team. even though NU won the north, losing to UT caused OSU to be 2nd in the confrence because of the record, and gave them the Big 12 tie-in to the Cotton Bowl.

The Holiday Bowl is a good bowl to be in and NU fans should be proud of the teams accomplishment

But fickle NU fans who cheered firing a bowl winning 10 - 3 staff in 2003 now seem quite satisfied with our offense an OC for some bizarre reason. Only at Nebraska....

I wonder - where does a person find these Nebraska fans you're talking about? There have been uncountable numbers of threads screaming for Watson's head, Cotton's head, Gilmore's head, and new players all over the offense.

Everyone I speak to in my daily life is royally pissed about our offense. My family is furious. The fans I talk to on the street or in bars or at the coffee shop are pissed. Everywhere I go it's the same thing - people think we wasted this defense, and Suh's senior year, this season.

So where is this enclave of happy Husker fans that "seem quite satisfied with our offense?" Are they hanging out with Sasquatch and his unicorn pals?

it is not the Bowl selection it is the bowl tie in.

the Holiday Bowl places the #2 Pac-10 and the #3 Big 12 team. even though NU won the north, losing to UT caused OSU to be 2nd in the confrence because of the record, and gave them the Big 12 tie-in to the Cotton Bowl.

The Holiday Bowl is a good bowl to be in and NU fans should be proud of the teams accomplishment

While that is exactly why Arizona got the the game, 8-4 is the second best is the pac 10 this year. The big 12 number order has nothing to do with record, its selection order. Texas got the BCS bid, and OSU went to the Cotton because the bowl people there didn't think Husker fans would be excited to make a second trip in 3 weeks to jerry world. So the 3 pick is the holiday, and they were drooling for NU. If anyone is upset with the match up, go complain to some of the teams that lost to Arizona.