Texas Tech suspends Leach

This pretty much explains the whole situation, and I don't doubt a word of it:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=5362438

So basically, Adam James wanting special treatment (transfer to SMU despite Leach's long-standing transfer policy) and Meyer's personal hatred for Leach combine to get Leach kicked out of town. I actually feel bad for Tech fans because I have very little doubt that Tech will fall into mediocrity without Leach, and probably won't get out of it for many years.

HEY! If it's on the internets... it''s gots to by true.

Ok so if he was to be in a "dark place" why not the training room or somewhere else? A shed and an electrical closet makes no sense. Concussions are no joke and although i heard that all injured players must be present at practice in some form at TT, this is a little out of whack, and where were the trainers? This could get ugly.

ive seen multiple places that this "shed" is a place that lineman regularly headed to to take breaks in, to get out of the sun, to cool off, etc, VOLUNTARILY. like, "lets sneak off to the shed." its the size of a freaking 2 car garage. big hulkingsweaty lineman are comfortable in there for chrissakes. its right on the practice field. this electrical closet, dungeon talk is ridiculous.

Based of the reports from Lubbock, he's out either way-it's just a matter of when. A couple insiders are saying that there is no way that he coaches the bowl game.

I hope James spends the entire game sits on the sideline being pelted by tampons. His dad and the espn smear machine can also go F themselves.

The Big 12 will now be viewed as the conference of the big pu&&y.

Christ grow a pair you little whiney ba$tard. I am sure you are spoiled rotten and Leach was sick of it.

Who knows the whole story, but if standing in the dark is tough punishment and inhumane we better be sending all our armed forces back home, because they certainly are being abused by these standards.

Although are Armed Forces are fighting a war and Mr James is part of a football team practicing for a game. If Mike Leach put my son in a shed becuase he had a concussion and was wearing sunglasses I would be pissed. What football significance does putting a kid in a shed hold? What medical purpose does this serve?

Did both parties probably play a role yes. Was the kid lazy? Maybe. Why do you think James was on the team on scholarship because Leach allowed it. He did not have to recruit him. If he didn't like the glasses tell him to go to the locker room or go to his room. Dont think Leach didnt know who his dad was when he was recruited. I doubt he just became hands on in his son career when he started college.

To the earlier point that if it wasn't Craig Jame's son we wouldn't hear about it. We sure did hear about the KU incident and I don't think that had a celebrity.

Even if the truth is between these two account it is still B.S. for Leach to do.

James sustained a concussion on Dec. 16, was examined on Dec. 17 and told not to practice due to a concussion and an elevated heart rate. Leach called a trainer and directed him to move James "to the darkest place, to clean out the equipment and to make sure that he could not sit or lean. He was confined for three hours."

According to the source, Leach told the trainer, two days later, to "put [James] in the darkest, tightest spot. It was in an electrical closet, again, with a guard posted outside."

An attorney for Leach said that while James was secluded twice, the circumstances were not as portrayed in that account.

Ted Liggett, Leach's attorney, said James "was placed in an equipment room as it was much cooler and darker" than the practice field "after a doctor had examined him and returned him to the field."

Liggett said that on that day, a trainer was posted outside the room and that James was provided ice. Liggett said that James was secluded for one to two hours. Liggett said that on another occasion, James was placed in a "press room with air-conditioning and a stationary bike he could use."

Liggett also said Leach placed James in those environments because "Mike tries to keep the players that are unable to practice as close as he can."

Really? a trainer was posted outside the room and that James was provided ice. Come on Coach and Attorney you can come up with something better than this. Why would you need Ice for a concussion or to use in an air conditioned room?