Cody Green

In hindsight, the fact that he only played "sparingly" in a struggling offense (except his game vs Baylor), I think he probably should have redshirted. Washington surely could have ran the occassional 1 series of sneak, option, throw....that Green was allowed to do maybe 6 times throughout the year.

** Almost felt like "Callahan" .....burning kid's red-shirt.

But, if he was the clear #2, you had to play him a little in case Lee had a "serious" injury and you needed the guy to give you the best chance to win.

* I would like to think that even the coaches would say that "they way things played out", he probably could have sat out, but you can't predict the future, so they did what they had to do.

I'd look to see if he could redshirt next year. While Lee wasn't the best this year, that might've been because of his elbow injury that he fought through. Add to the fact that we have 2 players that redshirted this year for depth next year. I say if he isn't the clear number 1 heading into next year, don't play him in garbage time and see if he can redshirt.

Redshirt next year? The kid is going to be competing to start, not looking to redshirt!

Also I have no problem with him playing this year, he was competing for the starting job and obviously there were times our coaches thought he was our best option at QB (ie: he started 2 games...).

Its not like he was coming in games and filling in mop up duty, he was playing and preparing as a starter.

In an ideal world he would have red shirted. But with the injury to Zac's elbow and Cody Spano being injured Green was our best option at backup. I believe the staff had to get him playing time because what if Zac couldn't go. Garbage time was exactly what he needed for experience. Next year if he is not starting I would like to see him red shirt. Hopefully Zac and Spano will be 100%.

well i think he'll be a much more finished product next year now that he has stepped on the field and started and he'll understand the offense better, with that being said does anyone think he might be our starter next year?

Its so hard to say now... I think its obvious that Lee is the leader going into Spring Ball, but theres a lot of growth and change that can happen from now to Spring Ball then Spring Ball to Fall Camp.

Anyone at the Spring game last year would have probably agreed that there was no way Cody would see the field during the 2009 season let alone start!

I leave these types of decisions to the coaching staff.

In Bo I Trust (aka IBIT)

Great point.

IBIT T Shirts will be out next year. Go copyright it now!!!!

Bo has pulled off the biggest turnaround in the 10 years of any program in the nation.

Everyone in the country knows we can beat anyone in the country. This is a far cry from teams dropping 70 on us two season ago.

IBIT Let's let the staff do their thing.

Cody was all we had to do the job.

He most likley started because Zac was having too much pain to play.

I still question if he will ever be the starter, if he ever plays meaningful reps in a major game.

I do not see this golden boy some do. I hope I am wrong.

Zac played about like I felt a 4th string QB would this year, but now knowing he was hurt, I am way more impressed with his heart and loyalty. He is the leader of this team. It will be very tough for anyone to take his place next year if his injury heals.