Its over

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.

El Guapo: Many pinatas?

Jefe: Oh yes, many!

El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: A what?

El Guapo: A *plethora*.

Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Why, El Guapo?

El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

Blazing saddle has a lot of great quotes to. :)

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.

El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

My fav. line in any movie..

Slim Pickens: "Go on back to the ranch and get a heapin' helpin' 5hitlode of dimes".

The first line I remembered from the Jerk...when told by Bernadette Peters that her Mom always wanted her to marry someone with a special purpose..."HEY! I got one of those...Your Mother is gonna LOooVE me".

EDIT:

OK..Who's the wise bot that changed the funny word to something Jed Clampet would say?

I love this board because, generally, no one tries to be snarky at someone else's expense. There are exceptions to that (you know who you are )

Uhhhh... yeahhhh..... Really sorry about that. I'm seeing someone once a week to work through the snark. Sorry. :wacko:

Not me..

I'm usually way mild mannered in real life..I use thees bard to relieve my inner snark.

You know the part where John Belushi is on the ladder? I had no idea the reason he fell backwards was from... well lets call in engorgement... I've seen that movie 20 times and wasn't until the "E" show about came out that I finally got that... Oh well...

That is something I did not know.

Because there could be some lag time between now and signing day/baseball season/summer football maybe the board should institute a required movie reading for those of us under 30. Just to enrich the board environment of course! Here's a couple I would require:

1. Animal House

2. Bull Durham

3. The Jerk

4. Caddyshack

5. Airplane

6. Field of Dreams

7. The SHining

I think we would be remiss if we didn't include Office Space in there somewhere. I don't know about anyone else, but my live parallels that movie in very scary ways. I'm just certain I'm going to go Bat-S Crazy on a fax machine one of these days.

Now here's a guy that knows funny movies. Three Amigos is one of the all-time best. My friends do the chants to summon the invisible swordsman all the time when they drink.

Cook's daughter is coming back to play vball for the skers next year, but I doubt you get many hurrahs for that. Face it, we're a football school. Once the, I mean now the, season is over Nebraska Nation as we know it will be an empty shell until at least the spring game.

I'm pumped about Lauren's comin back. Went to high school at pius and had the pleasure of watching her play.. Can't wait to see her in a husker uniform. And sadly it will be an empty shell, but not for everyone.. Hopefully some people will stick around to talk about some stuff other than football..