Its over

The 2nd post...... the "I" part was an intentional blunder........ I was seriously on a roll and put Russians instead of Germans........

* Hell, I had already "edited" the post twice. I am a moron !!

Can't believe no one got the Animal House reference.

I think there are too many young people who don't know enough about Great American Historic Films.

It's sad, really.

The 2nd post...... the "I" part was an intentional blunder........ I was seriously on a roll and put Russians instead of Germans........

It was a nice try though. :thumbs What the board needs is more movie references.

I think Russians instead of Germans in the original movie might have even been funnier.

I've said it before but it bears repeating.....

I love this board because, generally, no one tries to be snarky at someone else's expense. There are exceptions to that (you know who you are :cop: ) but they aren't common. The info is good, the humor runs from bad (mine) to hilarious and the overall attitude is friendly.

No need to name other boards, but the tenor here is just more fun to be around. Man hug! (now get away from me.)

I think there are too many young people who don't know enough about Great American Historic Films.

It's sad, really.

You know the part where John Belushi is on the ladder? I had no idea the reason he fell backwards was from... well lets call in engorgement... I've seen that movie 20 times and wasn't until the "E" show about came out that I finally got that... Oh well...

It's sad, really.

Because there could be some lag time between now and signing day/baseball season/summer football maybe the board should institute a required movie reading for those of us under 30. Just to enrich the board environment of course! Here's a couple I would require:

1. Animal House

2. Bull Durham

3. The Jerk

4. Caddyshack

5. Airplane

6. Field of Dreams

7. The SHining

It's sad, really.

Because there could be some lag time between now and signing day/baseball season/summer football maybe the board should institute a required movie reading for those of us under 30. Just to enrich the board environment of course! Here's a couple I would require:

1. Animal House

2. Bull Durham

3. The Jerk

4. Caddyshack

5. Airplane

6. Field of Dreams

7. The SHining

I would add Stripes and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. The Great Outdoors would probably be another one that should at least be included.

Thermos..............."That's all I need.....this lamp...that's all I need....I need THIS....this lamp, and picture...thats all I need.."......etc...

Furthermore, " I was born a poor black child"....

Oh the memories! Around our house, we call each other Navin when someone does something stupid..

I also quote a line form the Exorcist, but I don't think tht quote would make the board a better place.

Thermos..............."That's all I need.....this lamp...that's all I need....I need THIS....this lamp, and picture...thats all I need.."......etc...

Furthermore, " I was born a poor black child"....

My favorite jerk quote..

Navin R. Johnson: Now be totally honest. You do have a boyfriend don't you.

Marie: Kind of

Navin R. Johnson: I know this is our first date but do you think the next time you make love to your boyfriend you could think of me?

Marie: Well I haven't made love to him yet.

Navin R. Johnson: That's too bad. Do you think its possible that someday you could make love with me and think of him?

Marie: Who knows maybe you and he could make love and you could think of me.

Navin R. Johnson: I'd be happy to be in there somewhere.

Classic Jerk joke.......LMAO

last night, "I found my special purpose".......not really, wish I had though

I love it when he is reading the letter from home and his mom wrote something to the effect of ...." I would have sent you $$, but I had already sealed the envelope"...... if you think about it....it's friggin hilarious