We want to hear from you: We need new moderators!!

I posted a lot on here when I first joined, but since then work has really picked up. I have since been a long time spectator, only posting when I see fit. If I was still living on here I would nominate myself for a position, but considering my options, I nominate the following:

BRI - He is a Huskerboard LEGEND!

Knapp - Very level headed and non bias.

Guru - All around great guy. We became friends outside Huskerboard.

Landlord - He is a great friend on the Playstation Network. He always has my back in COD: Team Deathmatch, so he will have your back as well if selected.

:snacks:

I posted a lot on here when I first joined, but since then work has really picked up. I have since been a long time spectator, only posting when I see fit. If I was still living on here I would nominate myself for a position, but considering my options, I nominate the following:

BRI - He is a Huskerboard LEGEND!

Knapp - Very level headed and non bias.

Guru - All around great guy. We became friends outside Huskerboard.

Landlord - He is a great friend on the Playstation Network. He always has my back in COD: Team Deathmatch, so he will have your back as well if selected.

:snacks:

Thanks for the vote of confidence HN!

Any updates mods as to when you will be deciding potential candidates?

I think pretty soon. The nominations are slowing down.

Ok Eric, I know you have been waiting for my nomination, so here it is.

I, Husker Rob, nominate myself and volunteer for the position of Moderator on HuskerBoard. My qualifications are:

1. While I have never been a moderator on any message board before, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

2. I am in the Army, so I am used to babysitting knuckle heads.

3. I love the Huskers and hate sCUm, KSUcks, trolls and flamers.

4. I have been around for quite sometime and know what should not be posted (most of the time).

If I get chosen, I would be happy to do it, if not I will hunt each of the Admins and Mods down and not do a thing about it.

Now you can make your decision.

Oh yeah, I have drank a beer with you and Blackshirt also but I didn't want to include that obvious ass kissing like BRI did.

Any updates mods as to when you will be deciding potential candidates?

I think pretty soon. The nominations are slowing down.

Ok Eric, I know you have been waiting for my nomination, so here it is.

I, Husker Rob, nominate myself and volunteer for the position of Moderator on HuskerBoard. My qualifications are:

1. While I have never been a moderator on any message board before, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

2. I am in the Army, so I am used to babysitting knuckle heads.

3. I love the Huskers and hate sCUm, KSUcks, trolls and flamers.

4. I have been around for quite sometime and know what should not be posted (most of the time).

If I get chosen, I would be happy to do it, if not I will hunt each of the Admins and Mods down and not do a thing about it.

Now you can make your decision.

Oh yeah, I have drank a beer with you and Blackshirt also but I didn't want to include that obvious ass kissing like BRI did.

Smarta$$..................... <_<

skersfan..

The first one I thought of when I opened this thread..I can't believe he hasn't been nominated yet (near as I can tell).

Although it's hard to trust anyone who doesn't drink <_< (not even kool-ade) but skersfan has been the epitome of the ideal classy Nebraska Fan.

Courteous to fans of other teams..Even keeled...Maybe a little too glass-half-empty for some tastes, but nessesary to help ballance all the kool-ade :koolaid2: drinkers so our expectations don't bite us in the butt too much ..in the end.

I was a moderator for some 10 or 15 years on a forum until they ran me off last year and hired some pretty boy to replace me. Now after 1 year the pretty boy quit and ran off to another forum and they want me to come back and restore some credibility. Before any rumors start I am officially taking my name out of contention for this job and am happy where I am at. :sarcasm

Apparently the moral of my short message didn't get through.

Why the hell are people still volunteering?!?!

Being a moderator is god awful. You have 1 perk and 1 perk only; being able to say whatever you want, whenever you want. That is it. Outside of that all you do is delete posts, and take a bunch of crap that should be directed at the administrators of the forum instead.

Its no fun at at all.

Good choice Husker 37. Maybe if they offered free T-shirts or something...

Why are you talking like that? Maybe people want to volunteer to keep this site so great. I am one of them. I would love to do my part to keep Huskerboard readable. If I were looking for fun, I probably wouldn't be on Huskerboard at all. I came to this site before the Gator Bowl and I love it. I've even thought about starting a Clemson board like this.

So, obviously your choice is to not be a mod, but back off of the people who want to help out.

Totally agree Killer.

I didn't mean to sound like I was against volunteering..I just thought Lyndon's speech where he decided against running for another term seemed appropriate for those of us who hadn't been nominated..you know..to help us feel better about being forgotten. :cry:cheers

The mods we have do a great job, but the only thread I would ever consider closing would be that post padding thread (Last to post wins)..Big waste of bandwidth..Plus I find the banned camp people were more interesting than most of us...I wish most of them would/could return.

Being a moderator is god awful. You have 1 perk and 1 perk only; being able to say whatever you want, whenever you want. That is it. Outside of that all you do is delete posts, and take a bunch of crap that should be directed at the administrators of the forum instead.

Its no fun at at all.

Why are you talking like that? Maybe people want to volunteer to keep this site so great. I am one of them. I would love to do my part to keep Huskerboard readable. If I were looking for fun, I probably wouldn't be on Huskerboard at all. I came to this site before the Gator Bowl and I love it. I've even thought about starting a Clemson board like this.

So, obviously your choice is to not be a mod, but back off of the people who want to help out.

Totally agree Killer.

I didn't mean to sound like I was against volunteering..I just thought Lyndon's speech where he decided against running for another term seemed appropriate for those of us who hadn't been nominated..you know..to help us feel better about being forgotten. :cry:cheers

The mods we have do a great job, but the only thread I would ever consider closing would be that post padding thread (Last to post wins)..Big waste of bandwidth..Plus I find the banned camp people were more interesting than most of us...I wish most of them would/could return.

Totally off subject, but my 3 yr old boy loves the penguin sig Husker 37....he laughs so hard, it makes me chuckle.

Okay, carry on :thumbs

Its no fun at at all.

Totally agree Killer.

That wasn't directed at you 37, your choice is your choice and I'm great with that. It just grinds my gears that someone would get on here and try to keep people away from volunteering to help out the board.

Its no fun at at all.

Totally agree Killer.

That wasn't directed at you 37, your choice is your choice and I'm great with that. It just grinds my gears that someone would get on here and try to keep people away from volunteering to help out the board.

You know what really grinds my gears? People in the 19th century. Why don't they get with the freakin program? It's called an automobile, folks. It's much faster than a horse!

Another thing that grinds my gears is when I can't find the droids I'm looking for.

Twenty-five months and 10 days ago, in a moment of tragedy and trauma, the duties of Head Coach fell upon Bo Pelini. I asked then for your help and God's, that we might continue Nebraska on its course, binding up our wounds, healing our history, moving forward in new unity, to clear the Cornhusker agenda and to keep the Walk-on commitment for all of our people.

United we have kept that commitment. United we have enlarged that commitment.

Through all time to come, I think Nebraska will be a stronger Husker nation, a more just society, and a land of greater opportunity and fulfillment because of what we have all done together in these two years of unparalleled achievement.

Our reward will come in the life of freedom, peace, and hope that our children will enjoy through ages ahead.

What we won when all of our people united just must not now be lost in suspicion, distrust, selfishness, and politics among any of our posters.

Believing this as I do, I have concluded that I should not permit this forum to become involved in the partisan divisions that are developing in this College Football offseason.

With America's sons in the fields far away, with America's future under challenge right here at home, with our hopes and the world's hopes for peace in the balance every day, I do not believe that I should devote an hour or a day of my time to any personal partisan causes or to any duties other than the awesome duties of this office--the Moderation of your bbs.

Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for an innitial term as your Moderator.

But let folks everywhere know, however, that a strong, a confident, and a vigilant Nebraska stands ready tonight to seek an honorable peace--and stands ready tonight to defend an honored top-ten ranking--whatever the price, whatever the burden, whatever the sacrifice that duty may require.

Thank you for listening.

Good night and God bless all of you.

:laughpound

Wait!

Wasn't LBJ a shorthorn? <_<

Didnt think anyone would get the second term turn down speech.

Twenty-five months and 10 days ago, in a moment of tragedy and trauma, the duties of Head Coach fell upon Bo Pelini. I asked then for your help and God's, that we might continue Nebraska on its course, binding up our wounds, healing our history, moving forward in new unity, to clear the Cornhusker agenda and to keep the Walk-on commitment for all of our people.

United we have kept that commitment. United we have enlarged that commitment.

Through all time to come, I think Nebraska will be a stronger Husker nation, a more just society, and a land of greater opportunity and fulfillment because of what we have all done together in these two years of unparalleled achievement.

Our reward will come in the life of freedom, peace, and hope that our children will enjoy through ages ahead.

What we won when all of our people united just must not now be lost in suspicion, distrust, selfishness, and politics among any of our posters.

Believing this as I do, I have concluded that I should not permit this forum to become involved in the partisan divisions that are developing in this College Football offseason.

With America's sons in the fields far away, with America's future under challenge right here at home, with our hopes and the world's hopes for peace in the balance every day, I do not believe that I should devote an hour or a day of my time to any personal partisan causes or to any duties other than the awesome duties of this office--the Moderation of your bbs.

Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for an innitial term as your Moderator.

But let folks everywhere know, however, that a strong, a confident, and a vigilant Nebraska stands ready tonight to seek an honorable peace--and stands ready tonight to defend an honored top-ten ranking--whatever the price, whatever the burden, whatever the sacrifice that duty may require.

Thank you for listening.

Good night and God bless all of you.

:laughpound

Wait!

Wasn't LBJ a shorthorn? <_<

Didnt think anyone would get the second term turn down speech.

Yeah..I barely remembered it myself (I think I was in first grade at the time) :dunno

Guess I've heard the part I hilighted on the History channel more than a few times.

Funny how few of the words I had to change to make it apply here.