We want to hear from you: We need new moderators!!

I would like to throw my name in as well. As you may tell from my user name I joined the forum toward the end of the BC era, which was also about the time I moved to California from Nebraska. I was born and raised in Nebraska and this site has been one of my biggest connections to the state. Although I don't make a lot of posts, I do spend a lot of time reading the site. I would be pleased to be able to contribute to the site that keeps me in touch with home. :)

Thanks, and congrats to whoever gets picked.

Twenty-five months and 10 days ago, in a moment of tragedy and trauma, the duties of Head Coach fell upon Bo Pelini. I asked then for your help and God's, that we might continue Nebraska on its course, binding up our wounds, healing our history, moving forward in new unity, to clear the Cornhusker agenda and to keep the Walk-on commitment for all of our people.

United we have kept that commitment. United we have enlarged that commitment.

Through all time to come, I think Nebraska will be a stronger Husker nation, a more just society, and a land of greater opportunity and fulfillment because of what we have all done together in these two years of unparalleled achievement.

Our reward will come in the life of freedom, peace, and hope that our children will enjoy through ages ahead.

What we won when all of our people united just must not now be lost in suspicion, distrust, selfishness, and politics among any of our posters.

Believing this as I do, I have concluded that I should not permit this forum to become involved in the partisan divisions that are developing in this College Football offseason.

With America's sons in the fields far away, with America's future under challenge right here at home, with our hopes and the world's hopes for peace in the balance every day, I do not believe that I should devote an hour or a day of my time to any personal partisan causes or to any duties other than the awesome duties of this office--the Moderation of your bbs.

Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for an innitial term as your Moderator.

But let folks everywhere know, however, that a strong, a confident, and a vigilant Nebraska stands ready tonight to seek an honorable peace--and stands ready tonight to defend an honored top-ten ranking--whatever the price, whatever the burden, whatever the sacrifice that duty may require.

Thank you for listening.

Good night and God bless all of you.

Apparently the moral of my short message didn't get through.

Why the hell are people still volunteering?!?!

Being a moderator is god awful. You have 1 perk and 1 perk only; being able to say whatever you want, whenever you want. That is it. Outside of that all you do is delete posts, and take a bunch of crap that should be directed at the administrators of the forum instead.

Its no fun at at all.

Good choice Husker 37. Maybe if they offered free T-shirts or something...

Twenty-five months and 10 days ago, in a moment of tragedy and trauma, the duties of Head Coach fell upon Bo Pelini. I asked then for your help and God's, that we might continue Nebraska on its course, binding up our wounds, healing our history, moving forward in new unity, to clear the Cornhusker agenda and to keep the Walk-on commitment for all of our people.

United we have kept that commitment. United we have enlarged that commitment.

Through all time to come, I think Nebraska will be a stronger Husker nation, a more just society, and a land of greater opportunity and fulfillment because of what we have all done together in these two years of unparalleled achievement.

Our reward will come in the life of freedom, peace, and hope that our children will enjoy through ages ahead.

What we won when all of our people united just must not now be lost in suspicion, distrust, selfishness, and politics among any of our posters.

Believing this as I do, I have concluded that I should not permit this forum to become involved in the partisan divisions that are developing in this College Football offseason.

With America's sons in the fields far away, with America's future under challenge right here at home, with our hopes and the world's hopes for peace in the balance every day, I do not believe that I should devote an hour or a day of my time to any personal partisan causes or to any duties other than the awesome duties of this office--the Moderation of your bbs.

Accordingly, I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for an innitial term as your Moderator.

But let folks everywhere know, however, that a strong, a confident, and a vigilant Nebraska stands ready tonight to seek an honorable peace--and stands ready tonight to defend an honored top-ten ranking--whatever the price, whatever the burden, whatever the sacrifice that duty may require.

Thank you for listening.

Good night and God bless all of you.

:laughpound

Wait!

Wasn't LBJ a shorthorn? <_<

• Fire 1

Being a moderator is god awful. You have 1 perk and 1 perk only; being able to say whatever you want, whenever you want. That is it. Outside of that all you do is delete posts, and take a bunch of crap that should be directed at the administrators of the forum instead.

Its no fun at at all.

I guess it comes down to weather or not this board had endeared itself to you enough to want to keep it at the level it is and just get better.

Its not glorifying , and I will add that I have always " said what I wanted to" here on HB. Didnt start when I started being in this position here.

If its in your heart to do so Thanks! If not, Thanks too.

• Fire 1

Its no fun at at all.

I guess it comes down to weather or not this board had endeared itself to you enough to want to keep it at the level it is and just get better.

Its not glorifying , and I will add that I have always " said what I wanted to" here on HB. Didnt start when I started being in this position here.

i always get a kick out of your sig. and the guy saluting burkhead. that's great.

Its no fun at at all.

i always get a kick out of your sig. and the guy saluting burkhead. that's great.

Eliot is a very talented gentleman.. :)

• Fire 1

Its no fun at at all.

Actually no...it's not that bad.

Its no fun at at all.

Why are you talking like that? Maybe people want to volunteer to keep this site so great. I am one of them. I would love to do my part to keep Huskerboard readable. If I were looking for fun, I probably wouldn't be on Huskerboard at all. I came to this site before the Gator Bowl and I love it. I've even thought about starting a Clemson board like this.

So, obviously your choice is to not be a mod, but back off of the people who want to help out.