Maine not impressed with NU???

Foppa

To all the good Huskers I am sorry some of us Griz fans upset you but like you we are very proud of our football. I would be the first to admit we are not a Nebraska not even close to being one. To try and show you that we should be proud I am going to share a link with you to a Sports Illustrated article from last fall with you about the best collage football weekends. Nebraska was ranked #13 and Montana was #25 ahead of a lot of major collages.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/sion.../best_rest0916/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/sion...t_weekends0916/

According to the Guinness Book of World Records (2003), the loudest crowd noise at a football game was 128.7 dB, recorded at Mile High Stadium in Denver during a Broncos game.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. :lol:

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!! :clap:clap

You know what, my Dad went to a Chiefs/Broncos game at Arrowhead, and he said the only time he'd seen fans like those was at Memorial. Now, Broncomaniancs are pretty damn good fans and we can make our share of noise, but if there is one pro team with better fans, it's you guys.

Thanks we used to have season tickets but Carl Peterson is such a prick we gave them up. My weekends were great go to lincoln for the skers then head back on Sat night or early Sun morning for the chiefs. I have been to a couple different NFL stadiums but not Denvers. Ill have to check it out some time. Sorry mods for being alittle off the subject.

Poor locale for a dominating football program?

***SNIP***

Actually, he was paying you a compliment. He was acknowledging that you've got a great program, and have managed to develop it without the benefits that can be found in a California, Florida, or Texas - major metropolitan areas, warm weather, beaches, huge high school programs, high population.

The same applies to Nebraska, by the way, in a lot of respects. There isn't a huge recruiting base of in-state players, it gets cold with lots of snow, etc. For either team to have achieved their respective levels of sucess is pretty damn impressive.

According to the Guinness Book of World Records (2003), the loudest crowd noise at a football game was 128.7 dB, recorded at Mile High Stadium in Denver during a Broncos game.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. :lol:

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!! :clap:clap

You know what, my Dad went to a Chiefs/Broncos game at Arrowhead, and he said the only time he'd seen fans like those was at Memorial. Now, Broncomaniancs are pretty damn good fans and we can make our share of noise, but if there is one pro team with better fans, it's you guys.

Thanks we used to have season tickets but Carl Peterson is such a prick we gave them up. My weekends were great go to lincoln for the skers then head back on Sat night or early Sun morning for the chiefs. I have been to a couple different NFL stadiums but not Denvers. Ill have to check it out some time. Sorry mods for being alittle off the subject.

To get even more off topic, don't come to Invesco thinking you're going to hear anything loud. At Mile High, we used to literally shake the stadium by pounding our feet and that place reverberated like no ones business. Invesco though, seems to have been built especialy to dampen all that noise. I remember going to games at Mile High and during important plays you'd hear this low hum that would grow and grow till you couldn't hear anything else, then from the east stands you'd hear "GO!" Then the west would erupt, "Broncos!" Seriously one of the most impressive things I've ever heard or seen. It's just too bad it'll never happen again.

to the friendly montana fans : you bring facts and i am familiar with acoustic dynamics because my cousin is an acoustical engineer and he helped me buy my home audio system ;) and i dont deny that your stadium and the environment is louder. 108 > 100 decibels. doesnt take a doctorate to figure that out, just elementary math.

to the hostile montana fans : get lost like a fart in the wind. your foul stench is distracting us in the terribly long offseason.

i hope we destroy every opponent we face this year so Maine can be impressed with themselves that they were the first victim of the FUNCTIONAL (i.e. decreased turnovers, completed passes, even a few first downs sprinkled in for additional flavor) corncoast offense. Something to tell the grandkids about.

Thank you AR... My god, I was trying to compliment the guy and he turns it into a hissy fit. Dude, Im sure Montana produces a ton of good fly fisherman, but very few top notch football players. I didnt say your state sucks, so get over it.

How many 5 star and 4 star fisherman do you think are rated in the Fisherman top 100 list :lol::clap

Thank you AR... My god, I was trying to compliment the guy and he turns it into a hissy fit. Dude, Im sure Montana produces a ton of good fly fisherman, but very few top notch football players. I didnt say your state sucks, so get over it.

How many 5 star and 4 star fisherman do you think are rated in the Fisherman top 100 list :lol::clap

:rollin:rollin