College Football News Final Power Rankings

17. Nebraska (10-4)

2009 CFN Score: 15.77 CFN Preseason Rank: 38

Key Stat: The Huskers led the nation in scoring defense.

2008 Score: 13.58 2008 Ranking: 35

Anchored by Heisman finalist, Ndamukong Suh, the Huskers won six of their last seven games with the one loss the Big 12 Championship classic against Texas. If the team had any semblance of an offense, it would’ve beaten Iowa State instead of giving the ball away eight times, and it would’ve beaten Virginia Tech in Blacksburg instead of kicking five field goals in a one point loss. But with the way the season ended, the needle is pointed up, way up, for the Huskers under head coach Bo Pelini. Nebraska might be the 2010 preseason favorite to win the Big 12.

CFN.com

I just hope we finally live up to the expectations...............It's been a long 13 years.

In fairness, that was a Nebraska team playing for the National Championship in 2001.

And if you look hard at that team (and give a pretty awesome 2001 Miami Hurricanes its due), those 2001 Huskers went beyond expectations.

I just hope we finally live up to the expectations...............It's been a long 13 years.

In fairness, that was a Nebraska team playing for the National Championship in 2001.

And if you look hard at that team (and give a pretty awesome 2001 Miami Hurricanes its due), those 2001 Huskers went beyond expectations.

Also, how about the one loss BigXII Champion 1999 team that should have played for the NC?

If we don't win the north, and don't win the Big XII, I am going to be disappointed. But, it all is hinged on what they figure out to do with this offense of ours - because we can't do it if they are going to be ranked nationally as a 90th something offense.

Bo needs to pay more attention to the offense, and give them some attitude, like the defense has.

I think what the offense needs is ability. Attitude is one thing, but Barney's whole deal has been drilling attitude rather than technique into his OL. Until that changes, we won't be getting consistent domination from the OL.

We have talented backs, a wealth of TEs, and a physically gifted QB who supposedly knows the offense and make the correct reads. Unfortunately, our OL and WRs seem to just not have very many skills. I think once this changes, we'll see the potential of our offense being really unlocked.