Lane Kiffin to USC

He's a good fit for cal...what a disaster for tennessee. Feel for those kids that signed on for him...wait no I don't...they should've known better. If they went to tennessee to be a volunteer then it won't matter who the coach is. ....sooo....mangino to tennessee....mike leach? My head hurts from all of this.

Is it just me or is there no other coach in the country referred to as prick, brat, and dbag as much as Lane? :lol:

Not sure what to make of this hire. They had to move fast but I am not sure how this is going to pan out for the Trojans. I see some hard years ahead...NCAA was starting to line up Kiffen in the crosshairs at Tenn and now he is over at USC where they are getting ready to lay the hammer? Chow may be wiser to just get some more $$$ out of UCLA for all this trouble. Too bad for Monte...his brat kid and Orgeron are two of the biggest clowns around. Heard Orgeron was already calling Tenn recruits to get them to switch to USC as Lane was addressing his former players. If this is not a violation, it sure is slimy. Hey, I want to get the best recruits out there but I think you can at least wait 24 hours and actually be introduced as the new coach and be on the new job and not have to show this level of insensitivity. I think a lot of recruits (and their parents) can be turned off by this used car salesman stuff.

Is it me or is USC wanting to draw unwanted attention to themselves with bringing in Kiffin with the NCAA lurking around even harder now that Pete slid out the back door. Kiffin will definitely bring the circus with him, if he can stir the turd in 14 months at Tenn, then I would be wary as a USC fan in what he will do in his first couple of weeks with recruiting coming to a close. :dunno

Is it me or is USC wanting to draw unwanted attention to themselves with bringing in Kiffin with the NCAA lurking around even harder now that Pete slid out the back door. Kiffin will definitely bring the circus with him, if he can stir the turd in 14 months at Tenn, then I would be wary as a USC fan in what he will do in his first couple of weeks with recruiting coming to a close. :dunno

I agree 100 %

This is a bad move all the way around, but I am going to enjoy the missery USC fan is going to go through. With Kiffin already in trouble with the NCAA at Tenn and the NCAA investigating Carrol and his staff who at the time Kiffin was on, I would expect the NCAA to really lay the hammer down. Kiffin is practically going back into the Lions den by going back to a school that is under investigation for things that were done while he was there. I would fully expect loss of scholarships and maybe worse. Welcome back to the dark ages USC.

A couple of reports are saying when Kiffin went in to tell the current players...all hell broke loose.

According to someone who was in the room, the Tuesday night farewell meeting between Kiffin and the Tennessee players was "very, very, very hostile." Kiffin told them that coaches come and go, that USC was his dream job. The players, orphaned after less than 14 months, responded angrily.

If not for interim coach Kippy Brown, who calmed the players down after Kiffin's appearance, the tension and anger could have redlined. Put it this way: Kiffin is lucky no one took a swing at him. That was the level of betrayal felt by the players in that meeting room.

ESPN.com

There is a hint of irony in this as Tennessee showed little loyalty to Fulmer, and Fulmer's replacement did the same to Tennessee.

That's the Fulmer who gave Tennessee a .75 winning percentage for 15 some-odd seasons, along with a NC.

I would feel badly for Fulmer in that situation if he didn't stab Johnny Majors in the back while Majors was recovering from heart surgery. It's pretty well known in Knoxville that he used his time as interim HC to usurp the full-time HC job at UT while Majors was laid up. What goes around comes around, even if it takes 17 years.

As far as last night in Knoxville goes, I heard on the radio today that Kiffin had to hide out in the athletic complex until after midnight before the Police could get him safely away. They had a police detail at his home to protect it from angry fans.