Latravis Washington on the Husker Program

"Conboy said Carnes has talked with another Bradenton native, senior-to-be Husker quarterback Latravis Washington, about the environment in Lincoln.

Washington saw minimal snaps in 2009 as NU’s third-string quarterback, but he’s given Carnes positive feedback about the school.

“That’s one of the things I’ve talked to Brion about,” Conboy said. “If you talk to the guy who’s the Heisman candidate and he says everything’s going great, that’s expected. Everything’s going good for him. But when you talk to the guy who is third-string and isn’t getting to play, and he tells you how great it is, that goes to tell you that outside the lines it’s a good place to be.”"

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2010/01/21/football/doc4b57ba2d9e14d871598134.txt

Good to see that even the people who seldom see the field are happy with the direction of the program. Also, it's hard to not like Washington. He seems like the kind of player a coach want on his team.

• Fire 1

LaTravis was one of those recruits I was very excited about. I thought he could have been a really good safety. But then he put on weight to play LB and then you all know the rest. What a team player. It would be sweet if we could fine a way to use his athletic ability somehow. Even if it was in situational areas.

Wahington would be a good fit for the Wildcat formation. And with his size, he could even lineup outside to block and occasionally catch.

You would think he would be a decent TE with that frame and athleticism. We're stacked at TE, though.

He's just in one of those horrible situations where we don't really have a need to put him on the field. If he had been a QB for the past couple of years we could still have redshirted Green last year and gotten LaTravis more PT, but it didn't work out that way.

It's just great to see him responding to the situation so well.

It's nice to hear someone from the depth chart that's not getting a chance to play for the most part. Having him still say good things about the program says alot about his character and our coaching staff and the direction we are headed. :thumbs

When I hear that I wish Latravis would've gotten a series in the blowout game against UA. Oh well, it is good to hear that he can still help us with Carnes.

I love this guy. If he took my girlfriend, I would probably just tell her that she made the right choice...that's how much I respect Washington. Seriously though, I wish I could have seen him play a lot more. Maybe next season??

If he took my girlfriend, my wife would probably just tell her that she made the right choice....and I would look for a nice snow drift to live in.

• Fire 1

I think we probably should've used him instead of Green this year, just the extra year for Green could've been gold for the program and himself. He really did look like a freshman playing even with the scaled back playbook. Better to have him sit out last year and hit the ground running this spring than to have his confidence take a beating. But things didn't happen like that and I hope we don't sit here in a few years lamenting about what might have been.