Blast from the past

Nexus

If it wasn't for all the turnovers, we could have scored 50+ on them.

Tommie Frazier's running was a thing of beauty.

Tommie Frazier's passing puts you on the edge of your seat every time; never know where it's going.

And how about those hats the coaches used to wear, wow. I actually have one similar to that from when I was in 4th or 5th grade.

Tommie Frazier's passing puts you on the edge of your seat every time; never know where it's going.

And how about those hats the coaches used to wear, wow. I actually have one similar to that from when I was in 4th or 5th grade.

i agree i always get a good laugh at the clothing style from just 15 years ago haha

lol we are close to the same age

Actually was a pretty average day, offensively. Defense gave nothing though. That game really set the tone for the hard-nosed team we would be in 94. Good times.

And that's exactly what the Blackshirts wanted to accomplish with that game, especially since their slogan was "Unfinished Business." One more thing to add - West Virginia was ranked #24 coming into the game, a ranking they garnered after finishing the '93 season as Big East champions & an 11-1 record (only loss was in Sugar Bowl to FL). To say the least, Nebraska made a statement that had every NCAA team shaking in their boots.

Actually was a pretty average day, offensively. Defense gave nothing though. That game really set the tone for the hard-nosed team we would be in 94. Good times.

And that's exactly what the Blackshirts wanted to accomplish with that game, especially since their slogan was "Unfinished Business." One more thing to add - West Virginia was ranked #24 coming into the game, a ranking they garnered after finishing the '93 season as Big East champions & an 11-1 record (only loss was in Sugar Bowl to FL). To say the least, Nebraska made a statement that had every NCAA team shaking in their boots.

WV was the team we wanted to play in the 1993 Orange Bowl. We were 11-0 but ranked second behind 11-1 FSU, while WVU was also 11-0 but ranked third. We played FSU and lost 18-16 after the most notorious 1:18 of Nebraska football history. The Kickoff Classic pitted Nebraska and West Virginia the following year, billing it as the "game the people wanted" or some such nonsense. I can tell you that the Mountaineers didn't want that game after it was over, though. chuckleshuffle

WV was the team we wanted to play in the 1993 Orange Bowl. We were 11-0 but ranked second behind 11-1 FSU, while WVU was also 11-0 but ranked third. We played FSU and lost 18-16 after the most notorious 1:18 of Nebraska football history. The Kickoff Classic pitted Nebraska and West Virginia the following year, billing it as the "game the people wanted" or some such nonsense. I can tell you that the Mountaineers didn't want that game after it was over, though. chuckleshuffle

Don't get me started on that FSU game. The Orange Bowl must have picked those refs out of the ripe fields of Pop Warner for that one.

2 things from watching this video:

1. i remember at the time being worried, cuz the only thing I remembered from WVU was Major from a few years before, I thought maybe they were better than they were...NOT

2. I mean no disrespect to former players or anything, but just looking at the Physique of the 'Player' in 94 vs the 'Player' in 09.

Man...players are soooo much bigger and wider and stronger and, well, bigger now, than they were then! even that was 15 yrs ago? damn, that's close to when I played college ball, and I remember people saying that the "90s" were the age of the Super Size athlete. I guess not...Suh and Crick and Taylor Mays are freaks this year!!