Your new Huskerboard mods

Rawhide

I'm a 56 y.o. Registered Nurse, my wife is a CPA and my son is a Deputy Sheriff. I was born in Lincoln and lived in Denton, Lincoln and Waverly. My wife is a Cali Native and my son was born in a state west of Nebraska and it isn't Wyoming . Moved to SoKal in 1984. Still miss Nebraska and the hunting, fishing, family and friends. Actually most of my family have passed away except for a few here and there; some in Lincoln and some in Colorado. Have been a 'Skers fan for gonin' on 50 years; ever since my dad took me hunting and listened to the games on the radio(still miss Lyle) while we looked for fields to hunt in around Beatrice, Hickman, Ceresco, Wahoo, Firth, York, Milford you get the drift. Love this board not only because it's free but because of all the great interaction and information I can glean from it and all the knowledgeable diehard members. Not much info on Nebraska on the left coast. Everyone that still lives in Nebraska never forget just how lucky you are to be near to the epicenter of College Football Nirvana THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS.

HSKRNOKC

I am a 39 year old husband and father of four. Two boys , two girls ranging from 17 to 6 yrs old. Married my high school sweetheart and never ever looked back. I have 6 older brothers and sisters all Husker fans along with many nieces and nephews. We are a Husker family!

I am a Janitorial contractor currently. I decided to work for myself after running the operations departments of two hi volume Janitorial companies in the OKC metro over the last ten years.. Had over thirty accounts in Norman. Traveled through there alot always sporting my Husker plate and back window sticker.. Could literally feel the love..

Live on 6 acres . That keeps my busy along with sports with my kids and Huskerboard. Squeeze the wife in there..

Appreciate everyone's contributions above all GO BIG RED!!!!!

bennychico11

My name's Ben...which is kind of how my screen name was created. Had a few friends that called me Benny or Benny boy...or other versions, so I came up with bennychico11 (11 being my lucky number over the years).

Anyway, I'm a Kansas City Husker. Born in Texas, but grew up here most of my life. I'll be turning 27 here in a couple months. My whole family was originally from Omaha...so as everyone else knows, Husker football is just part of daily life during the fall. I remember listening to games on the radio as my parents had me do chores around the house when I was growing up. I remember football always being on, but I don't think I became a serious follower until late high school/early college. Now, I think I'm the biggest fan of my entire family. I'm the only one who's actually had season tickets. Took my dad to his first Husker game against Colorado in 2008...great game to take him too. I joined here in the spring of 2006 when I was craving some Husker fan interaction during the off season.

When I'm not watching football or being a great moderator for this board ;) ...I work at a video production company here in KC. We do production and post production for basically anything that has to do with video. I'm the audio engineer/sound designer for them. I work on everything from TV commercials, corporate videos, web videos, radio commercials, short films, etc. I basically love anything that has to do with audio.

Outside of work, I have my dog, Husker and girlfriend that takes up a lot of my time. Hobbies outside of music include playing indoor soccer, rock climbing, brewing beer, watching movies and taking long walks on the beach :lol:

Eric the Red

I was born and raised in Northern New Jersey and have been a Husker fan for as long as I can remember. From what I can remember, one of my friends had an older brother whom I thought was cool and wanted him to like me. So I started liking Nebraska. (Side note, this guy probably wants to be me now considering he just got out of a two year stint in Bergan County Corrections in Hackensack for assault in a bar fight.)

After community college I transferred to the University of Nebraska and graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Education. I taught and coached for a few years, slapped myself and realized I didn't want to make crap for money the rest of my life. I currently work at the University of Phoenix in Omaha and am about 5 classes away from my master's degree. My wife and two kids live in Omaha. We have been here for about 6 years now.

Blackshirt and I met in college in a bar. We couldn't get chicks so we decided to talk to one another. Became friends and rest is history. I used to send out emails to a few friends about the upcoming games. They were stupid, dumb and somewhat corny. Blackshirt thought it would be a good idea to start a message board with me posting these forcasts and stories.

The board has been a lot of fun to operate. I have met friends because of it. DJR and DaveH are friends of mine that I met through this message board. So much so that we were invited to their wedding and meet up during the season and offseason to watch games and BBQ. I have met Rawhide, skersfan, elliot and many, many others.

I literally only see good things ahead for Huskerboard. The new crop of freshed faced mods mixed with the old guard will help move us forward. But in the end it's the members that make the board. We are widely recognized as the best message, most active free Husker message board on web. You, the members, continue to support the board through memborship, posting, and shopping with our sponsors to help keep it free. Our contests and prizes are only made possible because of you guys and gals. Thanks so much for everything.

Congratulations to the new Mods! Thank goodness they didn't go with the suggestion about hazing the new Mods with some sort of unmanly sig/av combo - I heard they were thinking of making each of us wear the colors of one of the other North teams. Rumor has it that I was pegged for the most unmanly combo of all - Iowa State! :o :o :o :o :o :o