Kody Spano

I have heard a lot of good things about Spano. I know he did really well on the scout team. His issues, however, are injuries. He hasn't had the opportunities that others have had to impress coaches simply because he hasn't been able to play. I have heard many people say that Spano could be a dark-horse candidate for the starting job if he can keep himself healthy.

I have heard a lot of good things about Spano. I know he did really well on the scout team. His issues, however, are injuries. He hasn't had the opportunities that others have had to impress coaches simply because he hasn't been able to play. I have heard many people say that Spano could be a dark-horse candidate for the starting job if he can keep himself healthy.

Zac Lee will be starting . This is a situation we all better start to accept now so that feelings aren't hurt come next fall

Zac Lee will be starting . This is a situation we all better start to accept now so that feelings aren't hurt come next fall

While I tend to agree with you, folks were saying largely the same thing about Pat Witt this time last year. Lots can happen between now and then.

i hear you but i see this as different. Witt wasn't the incumbent and was scared of Zac from the word go and wanted some assurances. Here the situation is different in that Zac is the incumbent and is not fighting for a job but rather fighting to keep the job. Also, i don't see him transferring like Witt. I just don't see CG or Spano being able to overtake him.

While I tend to agree with you, folks were saying largely the same thing about Pat Witt this time last year. Lots can happen between now and then.

i hear you but i see this as different. Witt wasn't the incumbent and was scared of Zac from the word go and wanted some assurances. Here the situation is different in that Zac is the incumbent and is not fighting for a job but rather fighting to keep the job. Also, i don't see him transferring like Witt. I just don't see CG or Spano being able to overtake him.

True. I'm just pointing out that nobody foresaw Witt leaving. I don't disagree with anything you're saying.

Really?

I doubt he is worse than CG at this point.

The only ? is how he will recover from his injuries. Without them, he's a solid #2...at least, that was the impression going into last year.

Spano has been injured this whole time, he might be able to push competition at QB, but I seriously doubt he will come in and take over the back up spot. I don't know why everybody wants to write off CG so quickly, the kid was an 18 y/o FRESHMAN! He has all the physical tools, runs well, has a strong arm(needs to learn to take some off of it) and was only in the system for less than a yr before he got on the field(in a system that takes a while for a QB to get down). He will more than likely make a big jump mentally to his second year in the system, and still maturing physically as well.

Kody Spano, has got to be rusty, and you have to wonder about his confidence as well. Is he going to think about his knee every time he steps on the field?