Kody Spano

with the way Zac Lee finished he will be the starter day one unless his recovery takes longer than expected.

From what I heard on Husker Network, Zac Lee's surgery would take him out for 8 -10 weeks, and they were unsure if he would be ready Spring Practice. Kody Spano is expected for Spring Practice and practice along side Latravis Washington, Cody Green and Taylor Martinez, maybe Zac Lee if he is ready.

My question is if Zac Lee is the starter again. whether he is better or not. Do we redshirt Green, to save him for 3 years, or let him backup Lee again, burning another year. If Lee gets injured during the season, and Cody is performing better than the rest, then take off his redshirt and let him start, depending on what point it is in the season.

I'd rather see Cody Green starting from 2011-2013 than 2011-2012.

I couldn't agree more with your points about Green, especially if Spano makes his mark and is worthy of the backup spot in '10. If we can save Green for 2011-13 by putting the redshirt on, that would be fantastic 'cause he'll be so much more mature & ready to lead the offense. Then again, Spano would also be good for those years since he redshirted as a frosh in '09. No matter how we look at this, the competition is gonna be stiff at the QB position. Just imagine how stacked we'll be if we get Carnes to go along with Spano & Green. Me thinks someone MUST step up if we really expect to do some damage in the BCS.

Cody Green will start the first game next year. Mark my words. I want someone to pull this up and give me credit on the Sunday after our first game. I can't believe how many people have "jumped" off the CG bandwagon so quickly. Yes, I completely agree that Lee was more suited to start this season than Cody. But with 1 season under his belt, another Spring ball on it's way, another Summer and Fall with the BIG BOYS, Green will improve by leaps and bounds.

IMO, this just shows how hard it is for a true fresh. to go from HS and be a starter for a big time DI school. Just doesn't happen.

GREEN WILL BE OUR STARTER IN '10

• Fire 1

Cody Green will start the first game next year. Mark my words. I want someone to pull this up and give me credit on the Sunday after our first game. I can't believe how many people have "jumped" off the CG bandwagon so quickly. Yes, I completely agree that Lee was more suited to start this season than Cody. But with 1 season under his belt, another Spring ball on it's way, another Summer and Fall with the BIG BOYS, Green will improve by leaps and bounds.

IMO, this just shows how hard it is for a true fresh. to go from HS and be a starter for a big time DI school. Just doesn't happen.

I dunno, there was a poster on here that said he was talking to some NU players and they said Lee was the best QB they had, hands down

ill mark em and ill be sure to serve you up a double heaping plate of crow when the first game comes around...

Bookmarked. Just like i still have this thread bookmarked. Be ready to eat crow.

I like Cody Green's potential, I think he will make big strides this offseason; However I think it will depend on how Lee bounces back from surgery. We've seen flashes of how well Lee can throw the ball, he throws a really nice deep ball, but is hesitant to throw the ball down field at times, and most of the season he didn't seem to run the ball with much authority when he chose to pull it down. We finally saw that in the bowl game. If Zac Lee continues to play the way he did in the Arizona game, (he made decisive decisions, ran with determination, and threw the ball well) he will start, but I think we will still see a lot of Cody Green.

I like Cody Green's potential, I think he will make big strides this offseason; However I think it will depend on how Lee bounces back from surgery. We've seen flashes of how well Lee can throw the ball, he throws a really nice deep ball, but is hesitant to throw the ball down field at times, and most of the season he didn't seem to run the ball with much authority when he chose to pull it down. We finally saw that in the bowl game. If Zac Lee continues to play the way he did in the Arizona game, (he made decisive decisions, ran with determination, and threw the ball well) he will start, but I think we will still see a lot of Cody Green.

I agree with what you say about Lee.. Many people say how he underthrows the deep ball. That did happen quite a bit this year, but how much of that was due to injury? I guess we'll find out that one. As far as Green.. If Lee starts and everything goes well, we honestly should RS Green if the coaches think he is the future of this program. Give him another year to mature and learn the playbook, and get him on the field as a RS sophomore..

I agree with what you say about Lee.. Many people say how he underthrows the deep ball. That did happen quite a bit this year, but how much of that was due to injury? I guess we'll find out that one. As far as Green.. If Lee starts and everything goes well, we honestly should RS Green if the coaches think he is the future of this program. Give him another year to mature and learn the playbook, and get him on the field as a RS sophomore.

It would be nice to RS Green next season, I guess it depends on how solid the other QB's are. I've always heard if a player makes his way up to the 2 deeps you don't RS them, but maybe with the added depth that we have a QB this year, we can afford to do that.

I just hope cornhuskers doesn't show back up he would have a hay day trolling this thread. On a serious note. I will have to agree with the majority that its Lee's job to lose. I'm very interested to see what a healthy Spano and a matured Green can do I think we still have a lot of question marks at QB but I feel a lot better about it than I did in mid season.

with the way Zac Lee finished he will be the starter day one unless his recovery takes longer than expected.

From what I heard on Husker Network, Zac Lee's surgery would take him out for 8 -10 weeks, and they were unsure if he would be ready Spring Practice. Kody Spano is expected for Spring Practice and practice along side Latravis Washington, Cody Green and Taylor Martinez, maybe Zac Lee if he is ready.

My question is if Zac Lee is the starter again. whether he is better or not. Do we redshirt Green, to save him for 3 years, or let him backup Lee again, burning another year. If Lee gets injured during the season, and Cody is performing better than the rest, then take off his redshirt and let him start, depending on what point it is in the season.

I'd rather see Cody Green starting from 2011-2013 than 2011-2012.

I couldn't agree more with your points about Green, especially if Spano makes his mark and is worthy of the backup spot in '10. If we can save Green for 2011-13 by putting the redshirt on, that would be fantastic 'cause he'll be so much more mature & ready to lead the offense. Then again, Spano would also be good for those years since he redshirted as a frosh in '09. No matter how we look at this, the competition is gonna be stiff at the QB position. Just imagine how stacked we'll be if we get Carnes to go along with Spano & Green. Me thinks someone MUST step up if we really expect to do some damage in the BCS.

If Lee is able to establish himself as a secure #1 I agree about shirting Green. If Green does play behind Lee we need to get him some quality minutes to at-least make the two years of riding-pine worth it.

Last season when Spano wasn't hurt the staff was saying he was the most athletic player they had at the Quarterback position. I am guessing if Spano didn't get injured, Green would have been redshirted this past season. Alot of these questions will be answered during spring ball, and it will be interesting to see if Spano is healthy enough to redshirt some of the younger QBs.

Last season when Spano wasn't hurt the staff was saying he was the most athletic player they had at the Quarterback position. I am guessing if Spano didn't get injured, Green would have been redshirted this past season. Alot of these questions will be answered during spring ball, and it will be interesting to see if Spano is healthy enough to redshirt some of the younger QBs.

Spano tore his ACL in spring of 2009, and then in the fifth conditioning workout of this fall. He will have gone a year without any reps assuming he's even ready by spring practice, add to the fact that it really takes 18-24 months to really be back from a serious tear and he may contribute in spring of 2011, or fall of 2011. Or they may rush him again and he'll tear it for a third time.

Spano tore his ACL in spring of 2009, and then in the fifth conditioning workout of this fall. He will have gone a year without any reps assuming he's even ready by spring practice, add to the fact that it really takes 18-24 months to really be back from a serious tear and he may contribute in spring of 2011, or fall of 2011. Or they may rush him again and he'll tear it for a third time.

Nice reminder on that short timeline from one ACL injury to the next. I'd forgotten how close together they were. Kinda makes you wonder what the hell our coaches were thinking putting Spano back out there so quickly.