Kody Spano

if I were a betting man, which I am not, I would say Spano gets his free education and will never see the field.

if I were a jerk, which I am, I would pull the schollie since we just took Marsh as some sort of PR stunt/project.

nepotism aside, I'm sure cottons kids are worthy of theirs, just like watson's kid adam.

I hope u detect the sarcasm re: some of the schollie player issues.

Zac Lee will be starting . This is a situation we all better start to accept now so that feelings aren't hurt come next fall

While I tend to agree with you, folks were saying largely the same thing about Pat Witt this time last year. Lots can happen between now and then.

i hear you but i see this as different. Witt wasn't the incumbent and was scared of Zac from the word go and wanted some assurances. Here the situation is different in that Zac is the incumbent and is not fighting for a job but rather fighting to keep the job. Also, i don't see him transferring like Witt. I just don't see CG or Spano being able to overtake him.

I'm not instigating I believe Kody Spano will be the starter. I'm simply saying the kid has been talked very highly of, and considering that nobody can predict what surprises the off season will hold, we can't count anything out at this time. Just as knapplc said, another situation like Witt could happen. I'm not saying it will, but we never know.

I do believe Lee will the starter.

if I were a betting man, which I am not, I would say Spano gets his free education and will never see the field.

if I were a jerk, which I am, I would pull the schollie since we just took Marsh as some sort of PR stunt/project.

nepotism aside, I'm sure cottons kids are worthy of theirs, just like watson's kid adam.

Only point I will bother to address in this dribble is this one. What I saw out of Ben this year on the field as a REDSHIRT FRESHMAN was very promising. He looks like he could be a big contributor for a few years. I have no clue about how Jake will turn out, and no one else really does at this point either, but to say that Ben isn't deserving of a scholarship is a bit naive IMO.

I really hope that Spano can at least get healthy enough to come back and compete. I agree that it will be more mental then anything.

I won't be so bold to name a starter for next year, nobody really knows what Cody can do for sure and Lee maybe has enough talent to be QB2 at UNO. I think we could bring somebody in the could easily pass both of this two on the depth chart.

Really?

I doubt he is worse than CG at this point.

The only ? is how he will recover from his injuries. Without them, he's a solid #2...at least, that was the impression going into last year.

Spano has been injured this whole time, he might be able to push competition at QB, but I seriously doubt he will come in and take over the back up spot. I don't know why everybody wants to write off CG so quickly, the kid was an 18 y/o FRESHMAN! He has all the physical tools, runs well, has a strong arm(needs to learn to take some off of it) and was only in the system for less than a yr before he got on the field(in a system that takes a while for a QB to get down). He will more than likely make a big jump mentally to his second year in the system, and still maturing physically as well.

Kody Spano, has got to be rusty, and you have to wonder about his confidence as well. Is he going to think about his knee every time he steps on the field?

All we have really seen from Spano was from the spring game in 08. From what I saw from Green in the 09 spring game and in game experience, I still say Spano has more potential. I could be wrong, but I think if his knee holds up, he will back up Lee this year.

Watson's son is a walk-on, but good effort.

with the way Zac Lee finished he will be the starter day one unless his recovery takes longer than expected.

From what I heard on Husker Network, Zac Lee's surgery would take him out for 8 -10 weeks, and they were unsure if he would be ready Spring Practice. Kody Spano is expected for Spring Practice and practice along side Latravis Washington, Cody Green and Taylor Martinez, maybe Zac Lee if he is ready.

My question is if Zac Lee is the starter again. whether he is better or not. Do we redshirt Green, to save him for 3 years, or let him backup Lee again, burning another year. If Lee gets injured during the season, and Cody is performing better than the rest, then take off his redshirt and let him start, depending on what point it is in the season.

I'd rather see Cody Green starting from 2011-2013 than 2011-2012.

Spano was said to have been in the lead for the starting job ahead of Lee last fall before his second ACL injury so I think we have every reason to believe that he could very easily be either 1st or 2nd string. If I had to guess I would say something like:

1. Lee

2. Spano

3. Green

4. Martinez

5. Washington

JMO..

You may be right except one never knows about injuries and if they heal right. Other side to this is that Lee may not be back for spring ball and Spano or Green would have a chance to pass Lee possibly for good.