What I think...

Due to recent developments this is how I see this years class ending. This is all opinion!!!

Cooper- Since Mitchell is no longer grey shirting I think we have lost Cooper. The staff knows this and has decided that they can afford to take Mitchell in this years class even though Mitchell will not be a safety.

Carnes- We are in a good position with Carnes and the staff believes he will commit. If they did not believe this Marsh would have been offered a scholarship instead of a grey shirt yesterday.

Owa- The staff is as perplexed as we are. Frankly, I can't picture his name on the back of a nebraska jersey. It is all going to come down to signing day. This one is too close to call. If we are unable to land him, Simek will be re-offered and be forced to make a signing day decision. I see Simek committing.

What do you guys think?

Cooper - I see him as a silent commit. He is waiting until signing day to see if the Notre Dame boosters will offer him enough money to leave NU. (i could be kidding, maybe not) :)

Carnes - Agree. We are in a great position w/ Carnes. If this wasn't the case I'm not so sure Marsh would have been handled differently however as I don't see him projecting as a QB. I'm basing this primarily on the fact that we haven't heard about a mid-week visit by Godfrey, which I think was hinging on this visit.

Owa - With you here. Adding in Oregon St. last minute has me believing we will not land him. I hope I'm wrong. The last time a team was added to his list, they quickly took the lead (NU). I have a feeling St. is back on there because they are going to lead this thing on the 3rd. They have a very stable coaching staff...we saw that through the USC mess. Owa might think he can reach his potential there. With his character - I tend to think he could as well. The difference is Pelini's measure of potential is very different than they have at St. I'm not sure Suh was convinced he ever reached his. It would be a shame is Owa sold himself short.

Cooper - I see him as a silent commit. He is waiting until signing day to see if the Notre Dame boosters will offer him enough money to leave NU. (i could be kidding, maybe not) :)

Carnes - Agree. We are in a great position w/ Carnes. If this wasn't the case I'm not so sure Marsh would have been handled differently however as I don't see him projecting as a QB. I'm basing this primarily on the fact that we haven't heard about a mid-week visit by Godfrey, which I think was hinging on this visit.

Owa - With you here. Adding in Oregon St. last minute has me believing we will not land him. I hope I'm wrong. The last time a team was added to his list, they quickly took the lead (NU). I have a feeling St. is back on there because they are going to lead this thing on the 3rd. They have a very stable coaching staff...we saw that through the USC mess. Owa might think he can reach his potential there. With his character - I tend to think he could as well. The difference is Pelini's measure of potential is very different than they have at St. I'm not sure Suh was convinced he ever reached his. It would be a shame is Owa sold himself short.

I agree on Cooper and Carnes, Owa I am not giving up on. Just too much positive news lately to dispel IMO. I think NU goes 3 for 3.

Due to recent developments this is how I see this years class ending. This is all opinion!!!

Cooper- Since Mitchell is no longer grey shirting I think we have lost Cooper. The staff knows this and has decided that they can afford to take Mitchell in this years class even though Mitchell will not be a safety.

Carnes- We are in a good position with Carnes and the staff believes he will commit. If they did not believe this Marsh would have been offered a scholarship instead of a grey shirt yesterday.

Owa- The staff is as perplexed as we are. Frankly, I can't picture his name on the back of a nebraska jersey. It is all going to come down to signing day. This one is too close to call. If we are unable to land him, Simek will be re-offered and be forced to make a signing day decision. I see Simek committing.

What do you guys think?

You might be right about Carnes leaning toward NU, but I disagree with your reason. The staff doesn't project Marsh at QB, so I don't think the way they handled Marsh has much to do with Carnes. I don't think there was ever much of a chance for Marsh to get a full 2010 scholarship offer. If NU misses on Carnes, they will go on down the QB list to Fajardo and then Godfrey. If neither of them commits, then they probably take another OL. Marsh was offered a grayshirt because he committed to UNO, not because we locked up Carnes.

Cooper was mad about the staff changes at Illinois; ND has pursued a new safety target. So if you do the math he will be N.

Owa, I still like our chances.

Carnes, havnt got a good read on him at all. Could not tell you about him.

I dont think that we will miss out on 2 of these 3.

Im new to this but based on everything ive been reading my thought goes like this...

Cooper..Based on the fact that Sanders spent all day with him, along with some strong rumors i say he's N

Carnes.. havent heard much about him, ive heard his mom wants to keep him around, but i think he was probably blown away seeing our facilities. Hes going to go to on his next visits and its not even going to be a comparison, and he chooses N.

Owa..to many rumors surrounding this guy being N, and to many prominent posters calling him a lock they have rarely been wrong....WE GET ALL THREE.

I could see us losing Carnes but not the other two. I went back and read alot of posts on some bigger names from years past recently and guys we have ended up getting the majority of posters were hearing rumors and calling him N. Others like PPaul for example...no one was calling him N.

Owa..to many rumors surrounding this guy being N, and to many prominent posters calling him a lock they have rarely been wrong....WE GET ALL THREE.

:yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah

I have one thing to say about this. Last year we were in on some pretty big recruits. One thing i can remember is that some of these prominate posters were calling Gabe Lynn, Philip Dillards little brother N. The Next week we get blown out by Oklahoma. He ends up going to the sooners. We have been burned before. I will look for the link.

:yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah :yeah

I have one thing to say about this. Last year we were in on some pretty big recruits. One thing i can remember is that some of these prominate posters were calling Gabe Lynn, Philip Dillards little brother N. The Next week we get blown out by Oklahoma. He ends up going to the sooners. We have been burned before. I will look for the link.

That didn't surprise me because Dillard himself always dreamed of playing for OU, but they never offered him. Dillard's family are OU fans, so it made sense for Gabe to accept OU over NU.