This Staff's Effort

EZ-E

Some of us were questioning some of the staff's effort early in the summer. Since some pretty respectable posters were on other boards, I began to as well.

Well, we have come to see that this staff hustles. Today Bo Pelini and Shawn Watson were down in Florida speaking with juniors and Tyler Moore; last week they were in Portland.

Coach Gilmore is making his rounds to his targets-Gilmore was in Louisiana (we know how that one turned out), he has been to Colorado as well.

Carl P. has been holding down Cali pretty well as was Bo when they went and spoke with Joshua Mitchell.

We havnt heard too much about Cotton but that could be because one of his targets is on Campus already, another one is a Nebraska kid, and the other has been committed since last june or whatever.

Papuchis-enough said.

Ekeler- havent heard too much about him, but he did go to Chicago with the rest of the D. staff to see Cooper.

I now have a very hard time believing this staff doesnt put in the effort required to get to where we want to be. I actually feel they are extremly committed.

• Fire 1

I was very critical of the staff in regards to who it seemed like we were losing during the season. It looks like they have put together a really good group. I will however reserve hugs and kiss and remain critical until we have his player on the field. All the star players in the system the past two year were not his recruits. This is and continues to be a work in progress.

I was very critical of the staff in regards to who it seemed like we were losing during the season. It looks like they have put together a really good group. I will however reserve hugs and kiss and remain critical until we have his player on the field. All the star players in the system the past two year were not his recruits. This is and continues to be a work in progress.

I understand what you are saying. But to be quite honest Suh wouldnt be where he was today if it wasnt for Bo. I understand what you are saying about him not being a Pelini recruit though.

I do however like the young talent we have in the system now.

More than one kid came out and said the coaches didn't contact them for a while over the summer, so it's pretty hard to completely discount all of those stories.

more than one? how many? were they kids that we continued pursuing? how long did we lose contact for? a week? two?

while it may be entirely possible that there were indeed some communication issues during a period that some members of the staff were taking vacation (they do deserve breaks at some point, right?), it seems as if the reaction of the internet recruiting cognoscenti was out of proportion and largely fed by the panicked notion that we were falling behind other teams in the recruiting wars.

as i predicted at the time, we seem to have put together another solid class, despite the hand wringing and predictions of doom over the summer and early fall. as indicated above, such moaning is almost an annual event on the internets.

EZ-E is right....and to drive home this point you can look at all the Seniors to be next fall that we were either their first offer, or one of their first offers. You cant sit her and tell me that they were the first to offer JT sitting around doing nothing. Our coaching staff knows talent and they are one of the first staffs to be on highly touted recruits... FOR THE FUTURE...ie Jamal Turner. Make no mistake about it Bo is looking for big time talent and in order to get big time talent CONSISTENTLY you have to be in on them very early....ie Turner and his "first love" quote. It looks like they are constantly out on the road evaluating talent not only for this class but more importantly for future classes. And its looking like its already paying off for 2011. Now all we have to do is keep winning and we should start landing more big time recruits...that we already got in on early.

Instead of being behind and using our winning to persuade big time recruits, we offer early which shows loyalty and then winning and competing for championships will seal the deal. Looks like a great strategy to me. 2011 COULD be one of the best classes weve ever seen...the 2 OL we already have, Westerman, Turner, A Green, and a couple top WR....LOOK OUT!!!

• Fire 1