Who is your Favorite husker QB?

1. Tommie Frazier.

2. (a very close second) Turner Gill

3. Joe Ganz

4. Scott Frost

5. Steve Taylor

Third, fourth and fifth are very close. Honorable mention: Gerry Gdowski, Jeff Quinn, Zac Taylor

Side note: I would have loved to seen what Bobby Newcombe could have done had he stayed at quarterback and also would liked to have seen what Mickey Joseph might have done behind a better o-line.

• Fire 1

I'm with you on Newcombe. If he stays healthy, he keeps that starting job over Crouch and takes the team just as far if not further than #7. Bobby ran like a gazelle as a great option QB, and this guy could actually pass the ball too. His effectiveness as a passer put Crouch, Frazier & Frost to shame.

Honestly, I liked Newcombe more than Crouch b/c he had the same fire & competitiveness that defined his predecessors. I'm not saying Crouch didn't have great competitiveness. It's just that his seemed to be on a more individual level, whereas Frazier, Frost & Newcombe were a more team-oriented drive. Btw, I think that's why Crouch was never able to get a National Championship.

I am going to go with Scott Frost. He was a beast! Alot like Tebow with his toughness. He could just run you straight over, and took hit after hit without missing a beat, along with some good speed. He was fun to watch, a great competitor, and won a national championship as a senior. It also says something about toughness when you can play safety at a high level in the NFL. Then, to top it all off, he man handled Legarette Blount after the Boise State incident this year.

I'm with you on Newcombe. If he stays healthy, he keeps that starting job over Crouch and takes the team just as far if not further than #7. Bobby ran like a gazelle as a great option QB, and this guy could actually pass the ball too. His effectiveness as a passer put Crouch, Frazier & Frost to shame.

Honestly, I liked Newcombe more than Crouch b/c he had the same fire & competitiveness that defined his predecessors. I'm not saying Crouch didn't have great competitiveness. It's just that his seemed to be on a more individual level, whereas Frazier, Frost & Newcombe were a more team-oriented drive. Btw, I think that's why Crouch was never able to get a National Championship.

I thought Newcombe was the better passer and a great runner, but he had a tendency to fall back and take the 10 yards sacks and run out of bounds that sometimes drove you nuts.

What I would have loved to see was what O'Dell James would have done if he chose Nebraska instead of Baylor :wacko:

Still not seeing how Ganz is in anyones top 10 unless they just started watching football this century.

I thought Newcombe was the better passer and a great runner, but he had a tendency to fall back and take the 10 yards sacks and run out of bounds that sometimes drove you nuts.

That's a maturity thing. Remember was a young QB on the heels of Scott Frost. I guarantee you if Newcombe stayed healthy & kept the starting job, he would've broken that habit and become a spectacle.

What I would have loved to see was what O'Dell James would have done if he chose Nebraska instead of Baylor :wacko:

Still not seeing how Ganz is in anyones top 10 unless they just started watching football this century.

Maybe because in just a year and a half's time, he set numerous records and was amazingly effective? He was a master of the offense....just compare the offensive efficency of 2008 to 2009.

Maybe because in just a year and a half's time, he set numerous records and was amazingly effective? He was a master of the offense....just compare the offensive efficency of 2008 to 2009.

Sophomore quarterback Joe Dailey produced a record-breaking performance to lead the Nebraska football team to a 59-27 win over Baylor before a sellout crowd of 77,881 at Memorial Stadium. Dailey completed 13 of 20 passes for an NU record 342 yards, surpassing the previous record of 297 yards set by David Humm in 1973. :facepalm:

Was it that hard to set records when most of the past QB'S never had to throw it up that much? Maybe you should go back through the schedules and see what he did against good competition. Missou, Oklahoma, What exactly was his biggest win?

Clemson

The game remained scoreless until the teams combined for 17 points in the final five minutes of the first half. The first score came courtesy of a Husker turnover, as Clemson's DeAndre McDaniel broke into the NU backfield and deflected an option pitch. He was able to find the end zone after the ball bounced right back up to him and he raced 28 yards for the game's first score.

Trailing 7-3, Nebraska got the ball right back when Ty Steinkuhler tipped a Cullen Harper pass and Anthony West made a diving interception at the Clemson 27 with 1:05 left in the half. But the Huskers returned the favor on the very next play, as Ganz threw an interception that Crezdon Butler returned 59 yards down to the NU 13.

Ganz hurt Nebraska defense more then any QB they played that year for every td he threw he probably had a turnover that set the other team up for a score.

• Fire 1