CB Josh Turner

Nexus

His top three are Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska

Thats old news EZ.. look up the thread... :corndance

Just messing with ya buddy! :hellloooo

Still awesome.

has anyone else noticed our names keeps coming up with the old crop of the "big guys" i tink da wind is blowing in a diffrent direction........... we'll get a lot of the guys in these battles we never stood a chance before with a while ago... and then actually coach them up so they excede the hype also.....

His top three are Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska

Thats old news EZ.. look up the thread... :corndance

Just messing with ya buddy! :hellloooo

Still awesome.

has anyone else noticed our names keeps coming up with the old crop of the "big guys" i tink da wind is blowing in a diffrent direction........... we'll get a lot of the guys in these battles we never stood a chance before with a while ago... and then actually coach them up so they excede the hype also.....

Just think if we'd beaten Texas like we should've. This program does have momentum and it's showing in terms of the recruits that are giving us looks. Turner would be a lockdown guy under Bo and Marvin. Pretty sweet an out-of-state athlete of this calibre is planning on camping here.

Here's to hoping Prince has an amazing season and a lot of NFL talk around him. A few more first rounders on D will firmly establish our defensive recruiting from here on.

Dennard is right there with Prince. He will have an awesome year if he continues the push he made since the start of conference play last year. Obviously, he is a year younger but he deserves just as much publicity as Prince.

Here's to hoping Prince has an amazing season and a lot of NFL talk around him. A few more first rounders on D will firmly establish our defensive recruiting from here on.

Dennard is right there with Prince. He will have an awesome year if he continues the push he made since the start of conference play last year. Obviously, he is a year younger but he deserves just as much publicity as Prince.

Agreed.

The thing about Dennard is that you never hear his name during the game... because his guy is hardly ever thrown too. :bonez

DALLAS -- The field at the NFTC on the campus of TCU was filled with future Division I players from top to bottom on Sunday. On a day that was tough to separate from the rest of the field, the special athletes still made mark.

Athlete Josh Turner (Oklahoma City/Millwood) has become one of the most heavily recruited juniors in the country in recent months and on Sunday he showed exactly why. The 6-foot, 180-pound standout plays mostly as receiver or kick returner, but he took all of his reps at cornerback, which is where he projects to play in the future.

"It was great. The players and all the talent was awesome. You'll never see this much talent on one field at one time unless you were here," said Turner. "I think I did well. I went through the drills well. I think that was probably my strong point. I actually had three knockdowns, but messed up on a couple of plays. Hey, every corner is going to mess up at times, so I was pleased."

Turner loves the physicality of the game and relishes the opportunity to play press coverage, but there are some nuances of the positions he is still picking up as he goes.

"Playing off is my weakest point as a corner. I'm an aggressive corner and like to play on. Playing off and just being impatient is what I need to work on," said Turner.

On the recruiting front, Miami, Texas and Oklahoma have broken free from the pack out of more than 20 offers. However, national champion Alabama and Big 12 North champion Nebraska are continuing to give chase.

"Miami is a great school, produces great corners and it's nice down there. I actually want to go down there, see the campus and meet the players and coaches. Alabama is up there too. They are doing the right things (winning the national championship). Nebraska coach Bo Pelini is doing his job sending players to the league and Texas and OU are powerhouses in the Big 12."

Turner isn't one to wait until signing day to make a decision. He plans to make two or three trips before deciding, following a recent visit to Texas. Trips to nearby Oklahoma, childhood favorite Miami and a June summer camp at Nebraska are likely before ultimately giving a commitment. A number of factors will be key in his decision.

"The environment, the coaches, the team history, the players and their style of play," said Turner.

From ESPN.com

The environment, the coaches, the team history, the players and their style of play,"

Out of the 5 criteria Turner stated, I think Nebraska is at the top or near the top of each:

Environment: Does it get any better on gameday in Lincoln?

Coaches: Our staff is AT LEAST as good as the competition- better than Miami. Although it's worth noting that Pelini was the only coach mentioned by Turner in the above quote.

Team History: Our 5 national titles is on par with the other 4 powerhouses he lists- hard to compare the elite programs

Players: This is the category where we may struggle- mostly because the Texas and Alabama players get more attention. I think our players are comparable to the other teams but unproven. Also our guys seem to be the most motivated crew out there right now which is a plus.

Style of Play: We clearly win this category with our #1 Scoring, Blackshirt, match-read, Peso, McCoy and Gabbert Owning DEFENSE!

Looks like we have a GREAT shot at this playmaker!

• 4 weeks later...