ATH Mark Pelini

Nexus

I'm assuming this is Bo & Carl's nephew? I read he recovered a fumble in the State Championship victory for Cardinal Mooney a couple weeks ago. What's his deal? Does he plan on playing college football anywhere?

Mark Pelini Scout Profile & Video

Side note:

Stoops also have relatives on the Cardinal Mooney football team as well. Joe Stoops (WR/LB) and John Stoops (WR/FS) who are also Seniors this year.

Just a thought....at only 6 ft tall, he is probably a little "short" for a lot of D-1 linemen. On NU's depth chart, the shortest G/T is 6'3 with Andy Christiansen...the rest are 6'4 or 6'5. Center, Cuputo is 6'1, but some consider him undersized and he is center.

On defense, the shortest DT is 6'3....most are 6'4 - 6'6.

He probably is about 3-4 inches too short.

** Unfortunately, too many people put too much emphasis on the "measurables"....but it is what it is.

He doesn't get a scholarship thrown at him and Jake Cotton does?

Maybe, just maybe, the coaches actually see something in Jake? Maybe there is SOMETHING else there other than his last name just being Cotton?

There probably is but they still could've got away without giving him a scholly.

Maybe, just maybe, the coaches actually see something in Jake? Maybe there is SOMETHING else there other than his last name just being Cotton?

Nah. The 6ft7 265 lb son of a former NFL lineman and brother of a D1 TE probably has nothing to offer. Here at NU we recruit kids that suck obviously.

Nah. The 6ft7 265 lb son of a former NFL lineman and brother of a D1 TE probably has nothing to offer. Here at NU we recruit kids that suck obviously.

The point being made is that a scholarship wasn't necessary because as a son of a school employee, he would have free tuition. Why give scholarships to those student-athletes?

The point being made is that a scholarship wasn't necessary because as a son of a school employee, he would have free tuition. Why give scholarships to those student-athletes?

I was told by someone who is an NU grad that the discount for children of school employees is a dollar a credit hour. If that isnt the case then I sincerely apologize for my statements.

I have a friend whose mom works at UNL and shes a freshman this year and i know that she gets half tuition paid every year, I don't know if the situation is the same for coaching personal or not...

There is probably some athletic stipulation in place by the NCAA.

I would not imagine us giving this kid a scholarship if he could go to school here for free.

Bo Pelini might have been born at night but not last night.